Ian Rapoport: Titans expect Locker to start Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We all thought Locker's injury was worse because of how it looked at the time, with him being carted off the field. Whenever the cart comes out you automatically think/fear the worst. Thankfully the injury wasn't as serious as everyone thought. The 4-8 week recovery was just an educated guess. No doctor or trainer knows how quickly someone will heal/recover.

I think you have to do this. Fitz has just been too careless with the ball in the last two games. Jake may not be 100% but if he can just go in and protect the ball, not make any mistakes, and just manage the game he will do better that what Fitz can do. You can play Locker and not use the whole package of Locker plays and play it really conservatively to help protect him.

2. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Yeah its terrible! The sad part is with fitz you know there wont be any big plays.

3. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

huge risk especially with a rookie center starting his first live game in the nfl. I know turner sucks but schwenke will need a little time to adjust to full speed. I hope they both do well if Jake starts its just a little worrisome.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You don't necessarily need a bunch of big plays to win, but you can't have a stagnant offense where the QBs only completions are to the other team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I am uneasy about this but looking forward to seeing Jake back on the field!

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah I actually really liked him in Buffalo.. I was excited when we signed him. Not really sure has changed with him in such short time.

7. Clark

No idea but he looked serviceable when I checked him out. The guy we got is hardly that

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We get San Francisco at the wrong time. I expect a ton of max protection. Stevens, Taylor and Walker will need an oxygen breather after this game if Locker plays.

9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

dude chill. he wasn't hurt that bad.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Clark

Locker coming back can be a storm of problems against the 9ers.

He might be gimpy, his addition of running is cut substantially. He's forcing extra protection to stay in to keep him clean. Rookie C starting as well. Probably not as in sync with the WRs as he was prior. Hip injury could equal a change in release/steps/planting.

This could go very very badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar