I wouldn't judge just yet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

CJ needs to adapt to the holes that don't exist....that's what good running backs do.

2. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

I would say that the most disappointing thing about yesterday's game was the fact that the D doesn't look markedly better than last year. The O was out of sinc, but that was mainly because the D couldn't get off the field in the 1st half. I was hoping that the D line would do better, but it only seems to be bigger. They still get no noticeable pass rush with the front 4.

The LB's and safeties don't seem to be that much improved from last year (aside from Ayers). I thought the DB's would have been better to start McCourty and Verner, and let Finnegan come in as the Nickle.

I like that they blitz more, but they need better blitzes. I noted several times where Finnegan would be blitzing right into a tackle, that doesn't work. He needs to come clean or at most match up with a RB, but not a tackle. Without getting much pressure from the front 4, this team is gonna have to get better at blitzing, from scheme and execution perspectives. This would mean necessarily that the D line will have to stop the run better too. You can't have it where the D line doesn't get pressure and rely on LB's and safeties to blitz and stop the run.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Imo, the defense got it going in that 2nd half. The offense was and will continue to be in shambles as long as the O-line plays the way they did yesterday.

4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I know we need major improvement and more to hang with the ravens for next weeks game after the beaten they did with pitt.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

True. MJD is built like a running back. CJ is built like a cornerback.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought CJ was the most awsomest pretty real great playmaker Eva!

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I won't judge yet either. Remember when we looked fantastic last year in week 1 and turned over the ball 7 times in week 2? Yeah, it's week one. We don't have a clear picture of our team yet. It did suck to lose though.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I was most disappointed in Matt Hasselbeck. The whole reason we brought him in was to lead the offense like a veteran. Sorry but I didn't see it, at all. His passes were weak and short. Looked like KFC was out there. He did a good job of connecting on a handful of passes but for the most part he was pathetic. Our o-line can only take so much blame, the QB has got to make things happen. All MH was able to make happen were 3 and outs.

9. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Babin with 4 tackles and 2 sacks yesterday....sure would be nice to have him over the the chronically injured duo (Morgan/Jones) and the average at best duo (Hayes/Ball)....you HAVE to have guys that can rush the passer....our pass rush yesterday was nonexistent....and no....we can't count on Morgan and Jones

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hasselbeck seemed to be directing players around on routes, in the huddle, etc. He was a true veteran. Seemed like he knew the offense better than anyone else. I chalk up some of the dinky passes to the play calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar