I would take Tebow over VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Really? You think that QBs who win 2/3 of their games just grow on trees in the NFL? We know VY has a job for at least one more year, and chances are he gets 2-3 more shots after this based on his W/L record alone. I think a bunch of Titans fans are just jaded by what has gone on here in Tennessee.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You either understand it or you don't. I'm not interested in trying to bring any blind homers to the light here but VY has had some great individual efforts. He's had some extraordinarily poor performances. He's also got very lucky that his play wasn't bad enough to cause the loss, in other words other aspects of the team made up for his mediocre to poor play. VY's record can be used to effectively argue that Fisher is a great coach. I used to believe that but I've come around to the idea that Fisher really isn't all that great after all. Anyways, this 30-17 or whatever it is, it's just a statistic and it can be used to say whatever you want it to.

Also, don't count your chickens with VY or Fisher. Fisher can be traded away or cut, just like VY could. There are no guarantees. We don't know anything. If you took the time to really examine VY's performances you would see the 75 qb rating he has and the 1:1 td to int ratio that does grow on trees.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We're homers because we believe in a guy who's 30-17? Also because he had a 98 passer rating? And because our team had the highest points per game in the league when he was quarterbacking? All of this without Kenny Britt (who FIsher was benching).

Yea...we're homers.

4. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

I agree with you man. "You either understand it or you don't" :ha:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

30-17 with 75 qb rating and the 1:1 td to int ratio. (42 ints, 42 ints)

what is the big deal?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Fish, Beast,
    look, you two are a couple of little noobs. You were in 8th grade or something when VY was drafted. Three years ago I sounded EXACTLY like you.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you can count on me buddy! :thumb:

9. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

Haha. Not quite. I just like his skill set. He's so much more exciting to watch than Kerry or some pocket QB. I like to see a QB take off down the field and linebackers be like ":eek: WTF just happened?!" Guess it just boils down to personal preference.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i bet Tebow spends more time this offseason studying and staying in shape for football than VY does, i dont expect VY to lift a finger or watch some film until training camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar