I would sign him for the rest of the season ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by edward nigma, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not sure I can find the actual stats on this, but I don't think he's been guilty too many times of bringing it out of the EZ. Maybe a yard or 2 deep only.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

This site has Tennessee listed as the #12 starting field position following a KO. **EDITED** read this wrong the first time. We are 12th and start at the 25.23 yard line.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff2016

EDIT: Looking further into this site, in 2015, Tennessee was 32 with an avg starting position of the 19.65 yard line.

#32 HurrayTitans!, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I was going to say that. I don't remember Mariani running it out of the endzone very much.

Mariani is obviously not the answer... But he does well enough that I wouldn't replace him with a 40 year old Devin Hester. Simple.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Did you ever consider we have really bad blocking? He took one punt on the run against Denver and got some good yards. With the ball being brought out to the 25 the staff has instructed him to take a knee most of the time, but if it is a line drive they told him to bring it out, so we keep them guessing. He is just doing what he is told.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

MM gets it around the 3 yard line and doesn't even make it out to the 20. I love the guy and his story, but he's not really that good anymore. Hell, I don't think he's even average. Definitely an area that should be upgraded over the offseason.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hell, just call cj2k. If you just want a washed up has been who has nothing to do on Sunday's...

7. HurrayTitans!

Titans for the year on KR (doesn't count TB) is just past the 25. I'd say he's right around average. Agree we're due for an upgrade.

8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Mariani doesn't have the speed of when he first got to the Titans. But I'd rather have someone who catches the ball and makes a good decision what to do with it while not coughing it up along the way. We've had our fill of return men in this organization who was the next speedster only to make horrible decisions. Darius Reynard anyone? McCluster wasn't that much better. And there are other stinkers worthy of ending up on ESPN's "C'mon Man!"

I'm sure they will bring a few people into training camp to see if they can knock Mariani off his perch, just like we try out a new kicker every year. Until they find someone with a brain and good hands, I say we stick with Mariani.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

slow and steady wins the race

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Doesn't work there. Not on KR's bud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar