I will man up and admit I'm wrong.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I have a VY Jersey... it's a real nice jersey. '07 Prow Bowl, authentic.. I'm able to wear it again. It's a real good feeling...

2. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

I think VY's timing coming into the starting job was about as good for him as it was going to get. Starting earlier in the season might have helped a little but I think the team had to reach rock bottom before they realized what changes they had to make. The New England game still would have been a bad loss if the defense played the same.

Instead, VY got a chance to come in with lesser opponents and build up his confidence on the field. The team had a bye week to completely revamp everything around the new guy instead of having one week to prepare. Over time, we pick up win after win and the opponents get progressively tougher. Houston was the first real test, next week it'll be the Cardinals and then Indy will be the ultimate test.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Indy may be 10-0 but they really aren't all that... Compare the way Houston played them and the way we played Houston... there's some similarities. I think the Titans could play them tough. Tennessee would for sure need a few lucky breaks but who knows? Titans could deliver a knock out punch in a tight, lower scoring game. They're banged up... worse than any other team... It wouldn't shock me if Houston actually beat them.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport
    The report reads as follows:

* Did not participate: S Antoine Bethea (foot), DE Keyunta Dawson (knee), DB Aaron Francisco (ankle), DE Dwight Freeney (abdomen), WR Anthony Gonzalez (knee), CB Kelvin Hayden (knee), LB Ramon Humber (calf), TE Gijon Robinson (concussion), QB Jim Sorgi (right shoulder), TE Jacob Tamme (quadriceps), K Adam Vinatieri (right knee), WR Reggie Wayne(foot).

* Limited participation – Charlie Johnson (foot), Manning (glute).

* Full participation – RB Joseph Addai (knee), DE Raheem Brock (neck), RB Donald Brown (shoulder), S Melvin Bullitt (shoulder), WR Pierre Garcon (ankle), CB Tim Jennings (ankle), DE Robert Mathis (neck), CB Jerraud Powers (knee), Tom Santi (hip), C Jeff Saturday (calf), LT Tony Ugoh (knee).

In all, six starters missed practice: Bethea, Freeney, Gonzalez , Hayden, Robinson and Wayne. Freeney, Bethea and Wayne played this past Sunday while the other three did not.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I liked seeing Vince maintain composure. I also noticed he was better at making decions such as when to throw the ball away. I'm sure he must have learned that from KFC, who is VERY good at throwing the ball away.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

[​IMG]

6. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

^^^
    If i was non-noob enough to high five you...I would :ha:

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm pretty sure all 3 first quarter TDs involved CJ going 60+ yards to the end zone in that game....I guess you could say Kerry scored the TD when CJ was lined up wide without a defender on him....but really now....CJ did that. Kerrys biggest contribution to that game was dropping a ball without being touched on the 'game winning drive'. AZ was in the Super Bowl last year. Vince Young took our team on his back and beat them. With the help of Chris 'The Chosen One' Johnson that is....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar