I was just at a Steelers game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You gotta learn to think for yourself. My dad was a big Raiders fan and this was back when they were really good.

2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

6Rings is right for the most part. I had the displeasure of watching a young girl be brainwashed by her ear ringed Steeler fan alcoholic father for the entire second half last game, which is basically child abuse. On that note, however, a roommate of mine last year was from Southern Virginia, never seen the Steelers in person at a game, had no familial OR regional affiliation with the team, but was still a "die hard Steeler for life." These are the poorly raised wayward fans that jump onto the "I wanna be good too" Steeler bandwagon, and their football knowledge is typically around the level of a 6 year old who plays Madden on PSP.

There are real Steeler fans out there though. LOTS. I had one come up to me during the game to tell me how much fun he had had in Nashville and couldn't wait to come back without a game going on, and I told him I loved Heath Miller. In summary, the Steelers do get a lot of the better fans, but with that comes a lot of total trash, like my old roommate Brad Myers, feel free to look him up on facebook or the greater Charlotte, NC area, BRAD MYERS.

3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

You're right, no question, but let's not pretend Tampa is a bastion of Bucs fans as compared to Jewish retirees from the northeast, that doesn't prove too much, but you are certainly technically correct.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Frankly: when is the last time you say Titan fans selling tickets to Steeler fans?

A: Yesterday, full time, shamelessly.

How many of those Steeler fans would have sold their tix in Pitt?

A: very few (albeit some, but barely any)

This is why they are the Steelers and we are "'the' Titans".

It won't ever change until we change.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fixed it for ya there 6IQ

Don't need your permission

which is just retatded

nope starting in pissburgH and ending there as well cause pissburgH SUCKS!

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

"Sucks me" til kingdom come GoT, as if it matters, I hate the Steelers more than any other team in sports, but if you truly believe the Titans would have the same showing at Teresa-Heinz Kerry stadium as they did at ours, you are losing it. I'm not downplaying the Titans fans as I had 3 seats for this one game, but until we can be honest about the fact that we get outdone at every game that counts (on the field and off), we will always be what we always have been, and the teams you hate will always be the ones that move on when we go home, blaming officials and Goodell. I know it isn't what you like to hear, I don't either, but it's the God-honest truth if we want to win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree, but the vast majority of those stooler fans were local not travel. Those same people will be wearing a UT Gayton jersey when the ponies come too town.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I agree it's local. It aint just Geyton dog. Look at my post at the 1st page of the thread, the problem is structural, not cyclical!

10. blitz71burgh

blitz71burgh Camp Fodder

LOL I said Tampa because they are next on the schedule,pick any game on the schedule and you will see alot of steeler fans at any stadium they are playing in,hell the ticket brokers in cincinnati wont even sell tickets to pittsburgh area code anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar