I want McDaniels hired before we leave tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Except he didn't 'wake' them up at halftime. They let Mariota basically call his own plays (short for get the coaching staff out of the way) and he delivered which helped the d play much better AND we got help from KC too! None of this is a credit to our offensive coaching staff!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Except Brady is in a system playing 3 dimentional chess while Mariota is stuck in an offense playing checkers. You can see in the scheme design that the Pats offense is on a whole nother level that we aren't even in the same zip code let alone ballpark! How many tough throws did Brady make? He made a couple of huge plays just flipping the ball, dumping it to his running backs and Gronk. We looked that good on one drive...and that was it. Lots of predictable playcalls and nothing to stop them on D from running what THEY wanted to run against us.

McDaniels had an answer for everything LeBeau wanted to do. Robiskie had almost nothing!

Coaches are supposed to put their players in their best chance to succeed. It really looks like that's what the Pats do on offense. Are we doing that with Mariota and Henry? With Corey Davis?

3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

some of you are very good at trolling, but its still not good enough. i dont believe there is a single fan who actually wants mularkey and robiskie to stay and think mariota and the offense is 100% at fault

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Where did Mariota get the plays he was calling from? Did he write his own playbook and gameplan at halftime and give to the other players?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How often did Brady audible out of the call McDaniels made? I don't have a count, but Brady does an awful lot of audibles. So by GoTitans logic, McDaniels must be calling **** plays....

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t think the argument is that the playbook itself is totally bereft of any quality plays. I think the argument is that the play calling selection has been suspect and that there are not enough creative plays in the playbook.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No people are saying our scheme is bad. So unless they don't know what scheme means, they are saying the playbook is bad.
    I will agree completely with anyone saying that Robiskie/Mularkey's selection of plays needs to improve a lot. It's very conservative.However the scheme is sound and Mariota can thrive in it.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think there is too much it’s 100% this way or 100% that way. And sometimes when these threads get on a roll it’s a never ending lather, rinse, repeat session. I stand by my comments that most posters, at their core, believe that play selection is the bigger problem. They may not be articulating it as such, but when pressed, I believe that is what would bubble up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar