I Want Mallett

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big Time Titan, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Oh I'm not saying there's any chance of us actually taking Mallett, I'm just saying that I think he's gonna be a good QB in this league. Character concerns alone disqualify him. I understand that fully.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mallett is a dope boy, not an NFL QB.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously character concerns need to be addressed but stop and consider the alternatives.

Newton, physically gifted but playe in an offense with about spread with about three plays in the play book. How will he translate?

Locker, pro offense but can't hit the broad side of a barn from the pocket (has anxiety attacks as well). Also has tendency to want to ram his head and shoulder into defenders which will give him a quick ticket on IR.

Gabbert, maybe the best ranked QB simply because he is so vanilla nobody can find anything real negative to say about him. Still looked like a very pedestrian QB in an offense Chase Daniels blew the top off of.

Dalton & Ponder, not great arms and maybe can't make all the throws. Limited to the west coast. Nothing overly exciting but maybe safe picks but limited ceilings.

Kap, great athlete-arm, possibly great value but will take a few years. Maybe the best bet in the 2nd round with his ceiling.

And then we have Mallett. One negative is his mobility but here is a guy who played in a pro offense, can make all the throws, can probably play early, makes these other guys look like 2nd tier when he throws in workouts, 6'6 so he can see the field, experience making pre-snap reads, makes reads after the snap.... most pro ready.

But Mallett has character concerns. So do you take a guy with great character, who can't hit the broad side of a barn or make all the throws, might not translate or do you take the guy who if he can stay focused might be a great passer in the NFL.

Bottom line is they all have risks. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather take the risk with the guy who can play and throw the ball.

4. JCBRAVE

No you do not draft a coke head, you just don't do it. Money only makes you more of what you are. Do you really think that when Mallett gets paid, that he'll never do drugs again? Is that the guy you want your team built around? I simply don't trust him, that's all. Locker has his flaws, as does Newton, but with those two, you can be sure you're getting sober super freak athletes playing QB. I would actually prefer Mallett to do some lines at half time, maybe then he can outrun 350lb linemen. He's not just slow, he's stiff and likely going to get ROCKED day-1. I'm figuring Mallett will miss tones of game being hurt, high, or suspended.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Prove to me that Mallett did drugs, and hard drugs, not marijuana which over 83 million Americans have at least tried. And something besides rumors, please.

6. JCBRAVE

Okay, I'll be back. There's articles printed by real writers, not bloggers or internet jump offs. Dude admitted to it in his meetings with teams. Doesn't help that his dad is a meth head either.

7. xpmar9x

haha, when I first read "Okay, Ill be back".. I imagined you spying on Mallett with your camera trying to take a picture of him using drugs.

I just want cold hard proof of his cocaine addiction. I always see these stupid rumors, and I don't believe him. If you get me actual proof of his drug use, he will probably be off my draft board completely.

8. JCBRAVE

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

10. xpmar9x

I don't know, I just think the media blew it out of proportion - like the media does with everything. Sure Mallett is a "big party guy", aren't most college students "big party guys"? They make it sound like he's this horrible person because he likes to party. Sure if he's addicted to cocaine.. probably not good. If he's smoked weed a few times, who really cares? I bet most of the prospects have lit it up a few times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar