I thought the titans needed a center??????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Agree I like the strength and size, he has perfect position for leverage. He just needs to convert some flab into more muscle.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Vlachos' 10 yard split, 1.73, and bench reps, 33, are among the top of any center in this draft...

I'm not a scout or anything, but I believe acceleration is far more important for a center than top end(40 yard dash) speed...

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

I know a bit about him.

He was considered one of Alabamas impact linemen. Doesnt have the mesurables, but gets the job done or he wouldnt play.

He blocked many of the top DTs in this years draft(Cox, Brockers, Still) well last season.

Alabama is pro style with the QB in shotgun and undercenter. When i saw them play, snaps were pretty on, i dont remember snaps being erratic often.

Also, he is small and pissed off about it.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Maybe I should have clarified myself better, I wasn't talking about 40 time when I was talking about fast centers or 10 yard splits (he's is impressive though). I don't know a whole lot on this kid. If you watch Amano his downside is his speed. By speed I mean from a center stand point is the ability to get the ball out of your hand and set up on a blocker.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the most critical measurable is that he is not EA

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CaliTitan

CaliTitan Starter

That can be a problem when he's our center...

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

well you said he isn't athletic, and I'm pretty sure athleticism has nothing to do with how fast a center snaps the ball...from what I know this guy was a great college center with good acceleration, strength and smarts (the perfect recipe for a center). The reason he didn't get drafted is because he is only 6 feet tall, and there haven't been many successful centers in the NFL at that height. I just don't understand the pessimism on a UDFA.

8. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Wow, i just saw the part where he had offers from 6 teams. cant believe noone atleast wasted aaa 7th rounder on him.

9. CaliTitan

CaliTitan Starter

William Vlachos just signed with us a UDFA

Tennesee Titans
    DJ Woods, WR, Cincinnati
    Devin Aguilar, WR, Washington
    Christian Scott, SAF, Texas
    Alex Watkins, LB, Alabama
    Nick Stephens, QB, Tarleton St
    Chandler Burden, OL, Kentucky
    DaJohn Harris, DT, USC
    William Vlachos, OC, Alabama
    Beau Brinkley, LS, MIssouri
    LaQuinton Evans, WR, Southern

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was pretty obvious after the Titans passed on one the second round that a draft pick wouldn't be starting this year at center anyway. It'll either be a free agent or someone already on staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar