I thought the titans needed a center??????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Who knows how this is going to play out. I don't expect a 180 with Amano, but it wasn't so long ago the recently coveted Chris Myers was considered the worst center in the league. Considered one the better centers now and all the Texans do now is cutblock. Where was Matthews coaching before here? Maybe we're in for a scheme change instead of a regime change. Maybe they wanted to shuffle the line around but didn't have time due to the lockout. Amano was great as a guard, run blocking being a strength. It is disappointing that more hasn't been done to improve competition on the O-Line, but we can still keep a positive outlook on this. I remember the 2007 draft, when we were all miffed that more wasn't done about the D-Line.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

We just got one..William Vlachos who was expected to go round 5-6...didn't even have to waste a draft pick on Amano's future replacement.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Don't like the free agent pick-up we replace a slow un-athletic with another slow un-athletic center.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

yeah, but he's strong, which beats a slow, weak, unathletic center anyday...

He was the anchor for Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, and a starter on 2 national championship teams...can't be too bad..

not to mention, he was ALL-SEC first team(coaches and press).

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i'll take it... i dont watch as much SEC football as the rest of yall (sadly i watch big east and now the big 12) anyone have anything else on Vlachos?

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I don't care how strong you are, when you run a zone blocking scheme you need a fast center who can get leverage. I hope this kid can turn into a starting center for us. I was looking forward to David Molk a athletic center. You need someone fast enough to get the ball out of his hand and to position.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's very smart and also tough starting 30 games straight (something around there). He's not the most athletic center but like I said he's very smart and does pretty well run blocking and pass blocking. He has big game experience, blocked for Ingram and Trent, and high marks from all the coaches. I really did think he would've been drafted, kind of shocked really.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If he can get a little quicker he'll be fine. He does everything possible for the size and height he's at and he'll be able to adapt. I'm not saying starter from day 1 but I have a lot of confidence in him to make the team and possibly one day start. If he has a great camp then who knows.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Good god. We signed a center, and now people b!tch that he's slow? Centers are supposed to be slow. If he went to Bama, he's better than tomorrow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKL1wr1B_Uo"]Alabama C William Vlachos Draft Profile - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar