I think we may own the keys to Julio Jones.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I could defiantly see the Rams moving up for Julio tho, he's gotta be their ideal pick.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

At what point did I say that what Devaney said is set in stone?

He said he doubts his team will move up in the draft. I interpret that as evidence that his team probably won't move up in the draft (I think he's saying it to temper fan expectations). Are you interpreting it as the exact opposite? That would be a much bigger leap of faith than I'm making.

The Rams have a lot of holes to fill. I don't see them trading up and giving up valuable draft picks for a position and player with that much bust potential.

Like I said before, I think sometimes people let themselves get swept up in the excitement and fantasy of this stuff. Teams almost never trade into the top 10 picks to select anyone and especially not wide receivers.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think that's all the more reason for them to make a move to get Julio Jones. Drafting WR's is a crap shoot, most end up as nobodies, but Julio Jones has star written all over him. When I think Julio Jones, I also think Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson. I just knew all those guys would be special at the next level, and look at them.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

That is a gigantic overstatement. He is nowhere near any of those guys. He's not even the best WR in this draft (and AJ Green isn't even close to those guys).

It's a common mistake to think that every year there's a huge stud WR in the draft. Most years, there isn't.

Compare Jones to Dwayne Bowe or Michael Crabtree and you're probably getting closer to the right ballpark (not so much in terms of the type of receiver as much as the level of value). Useful players, but not guys that anyone would trade up for.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You're right on JC. He is that calibur of a player. Sometimes it's obvious when a player is going to be great at the next level and Julio is defintely one of them.

TTF, not sure what player you're talking about, but the Julio Jones I"ve seen play was an absolute stud. He ran a 4.35 at the combine with a broken bone in his foot! Give him 2 or 3 years and he'll be mentioned in the same breath as those other guys JC mentioned.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

True that. Rams need a lot of help, but if I was them id trade for Julio.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's been no secret that the Rams really want Julio and now we're hearing and the Redskins. If the Browns pass on him and he makes it to our spot we're going to have some trade offers. I see a lot of trades in this draft mainly because the class is pretty weak so if you really want someone you have to go get them and I see the Rams making the move. I've said this in a couple other threads I would love to grab a DE like Watt, Quinn, or Bowers then use that extra pick we got in the trade and move back into the 1st and get Locker.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hope if we have the keys to Julio, we throw them in to the ocean.

9. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

^and the ocean being one of those two teams. or any for that matter if they want to take him at 8. Unless quinn is there, and then I say lets grab him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar