I sure hope Derrick Henry is a beast this year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Sep 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

EG was a fan favorite but slightly overrated if we're talking about talent wise. He was a good player, but never elite nor dominant. His toughness overshadowed his skill.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The rest of the team is down also. From OL to not a single other threat on the field .. 1300 yards and 12 TDs is still a pretty damn good season so far. That 4 game stretch before the Jax game really put a damper on his stats.

Let's say he ends with ~1600 yards and 15 TDs. That would be an awesome complement to the passing game if the Titans had one.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Henry could end the season with 1500 yds rushing and 500 yds receiving. Dude has turned into a bizarro McCaffery.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

Henry has the highest yards per reception this year for a running back and has caught 79 percent of passes thrown his way. CMC has caught 80 percent of passes thrown his way.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

It kills me that they dont use him even more often in the passing game. Especially now that he seems to have lost a step, we need to get him in open field so he can do what he does.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

CMC receptions 74 vs. Henry's 30. And cmc runs actual routes, not just screens.

Henry has been good at the screen game, I still don't think the comparison to CMC is a fair one.

7. GeronimoJackson

I’m not saying Henry is going to Moss anyone but just from the eye test, Henry is dangerous with any kind of open space. Those 5 yard dump offs Tanny throw to him usually turn into big gains, we need to utilize that more especially when your number 1 receiver right now is Robert Woods. Chig needs to be involved more too, just like Henry, it’s going to be a big gain when they touch the ball in any kind of open space.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I wonder if Henry is going to buy all of his OL a watch for Xmas like he traditionally does.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

Of course he will. He won't break tradition. I would guess a Casio Calculator watch this year.

• LOL LOL x 7
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

He will get them blocking dummies

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar