I still don’t think Derrick Henry is in shape

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

He’s 28, is a workhorse, and coming off a broken foot. I never expected him to be the best running back year after year. It’s rare for an NFL running back to even be the best back to back seasons. But as you said, he’s still a very good running back. Henry also hasn’t gotten the blocking yet to the point where he has clear open field, but it’s obvious on those screen passes, that he’s still very dangerous in the open field.

#11 GeronimoJackson, Oct 10, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I don't know why Henry wouldn't be in shape? He's had all offseason to get in shape...a little hesitant about his foot? Maybe. But the man is in shape

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yep. It's more that he's hitting the age of decline for backs. The Cowboys are going through the same thing with Zeke. We should be thrilled that henry has looked as good as he has all things considered

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

Yep, running backs age quicker than any other position in football.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

6. GeronimoJackson

He showed up to camp looking ripped and actually looks a bit leaner (maybe to take some weight off the surgically repaired foot?), and pretty much takes all the snaps unless it’s an obvious passing situation, so he’s definitely in shape.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think derrick henry is elite and will be elite for years to come. hes racking up like 150 yards of offense vs the worst offensive line and half the time he runs we have no WRs on the field its just like a giant sign being held up that we are running

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Seriously this man is in ridiculous shape. I find it odd he always appears to bulk up top yet his legs to me seem slim….likely just the way his uni makes him look.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He does look slim in the legs but he's 6'3 250lbs... I'm sure it's just an illusion and his legs are plenty big and strong.

And yeah, if anyone questions if Henry is in shape, they're out of their mind. Dude works hard

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

half..... way more than half the time Dh22 sees 8 or more in the box... T17 seems to never check out of them

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar