I retract everything--Billy couldn't possibly play any worse than that...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I'm not saying give it to him, but make sure it's still a competition for god's sakes. I've never seen a vet qb play so scared. Boo--way boo.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Might as well go with VY.

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

bullcrap. yes he could.

It doesn't help when your receivers deflect it to the dude, or don't try for balls. True, Collins looked like crap on a few throws. Timing, etc. They weren't game busters though.

Bennett ... for all the good he did in the 4th, SUCKED!

He was just as bad as good, when he refused to TRY to help his team on key plays. His important drop zapped our first series mojo right out of our sacks .., his giving up on that pick ... & Ben's INT blunder ... those were BIG, & at crucial points of the game.

Looks to be another long season.

While I'm at it, # 21 sucks, as does # 28. Must be the hair. They suck, they suck, they suck! :irked:

Receivers run through them like crap through a goose.

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

ya, i was not impressed or satisfied with collin's play today

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Vince looked a whole lot more confident than Kerry, but I'm in the sit-and-learn camp--you only get one shot, be it over 3 or so years, at this thing. So I want Vince to have as much knowledge as possible before he starts that--one shot either way, better to do it studied than unstudied.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kerry collins the victim!

Yeah kerry played great it's just the rest of the team right?

Even if you take that deflected int away like the pass never happened collins has a 54 passing rating for the game.

He is not accurate, can't move in the pocket and sucks over all and no way in hell volek plays worse! No way!

In 10 nfl starts volek had one bad game like what collins had today. That was against denver in 2004.

Our near future success is dependant on kerry collins! Doesn't that suck!

Jeff fisher is a moron!

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Collins has also only been with the team a week and a half. He certainly wasnt good, but given the fact that he has only practiced with the team for about a week, and the fact that he had a few key drops, including Troupe batting it up in the air for a pick, and Bennett dropping a 3rd down pass that would have put us in range for at least a field goal, then I dont put this solely on Collins. I think once he gets more practice in and better timing with the receivers he will be ok.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're right, he shouldn't have been in the game at all, considering he has zero experience with the rest of the team. Volek should have started, and probably should next week too.

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Well, he's not going to sit for three years, or whatever. He's going to be phased in more & more until eventually, (if he doesn't get his clock cleaned, let alone his arm or knees,) he will be thrown permanently into the fire.

It's not what Fisher wants either, you know that. This is a BUD ADAMS decision. I'd bet my lame *** bank account that he TOLD those guys to play him or else. :grrr:

You know he did. Because he's a screwball.

I can only pray that it all works out & Vince doesn't get his head torn clean off. THIS was one of the few games we had a chance to win on our schedule, & we lost. Go ahead look. Maybe we'll beat Houston ... other than that ... strange things are going to have to happen.

We will be picking in the top three again next year. Hope it's a good draft. :brow:

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I couldn't believe the way Collins looked all the time--like a lost kid. I thought he would be the option b/c he was a hardened vet. Instead it looks like he's hanging by his fingernails.

And collins didn't look like crap on a FEW throws, he went 17 for 38 and it looked much worse than that--I was beginning to think he was trying to get one wide open overthrow to evey reciever we had--some I couldn't even understand how or why, like "why did he do that? I know he can throw the ball at least somewhere in that area." No, that was a horrible, horrible, performance--I'm not saying hand Billy the job back--just keep the door open, b/c if that don't get any better before next week, then the same rules that canned Billy should get him the job bacl--it's just that we'd be going from bad to worse and back to bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar