"I need a hotel room and an NDA to get a massage" - Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jun 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Didn't at least one of them visit Watson 3 times with this behaviour happening each time? If his behaviour offended you or he harassed you, why not report it after the first time? don't go back 2 more times

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I disagree for the reasons I stated earlier. Supplying an NDA, massage table and the location where this all occurred certainly opens up Houston to liability litigation. I believe Houston will wind up getting punished as well as Watson, but that's just my opinion.

We're equally entitled to our opinions, and I don't have any problems with you having a different one than my own. I don't have a vested interest in Watson, the Browns or the Texans, so it's not a big deal to me whatever the final outcome.

#102 Bonky, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not for a workplace issue.

4. Riverman

OK and I agree about being vested in any of this. But the point a lot people are missing is that they supplied those items to Watson who was an employee, not the masseuse. I'm certain the Texans can easily prove supplying an NDA is standard procedure for all their employees and have plausible deniability for providing "the table". The burden of proof then becomes on the plaintiff. That's why Buzbee has only filed one case against the Texans. He's hoping to bring their pockets in to get this whole mess to go away. Sound (but greasy) plaintiff's strategy.

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

That's right.... BHGs fancy dinner is Sizzler, not Applebees.

To this day, "I hope you die" is my angry song.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I can honestly say I still laugh when I hear “you’re pretty when I’m drunk”

I don’t know that many would even get the reference when I drop the line of polishing the 1 eyed gopher, looking at the side of a milk carton, while driving an 18 wheeler.

song for song, one fierce beer coaster is their vast album but Bad Touch is still a great. Every chance at karaoke I get, that’s my go to, no singing required.

#106 HurrayTitans!, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

One of Buzbee's allegations is that the Texans failed to prevent Watson’s ongoing misconduct, once the team knew or should have known that he was engaged in questionable behavior. That's basically a claim of negligent supervision. This is a simple negligence causes of action based on an employer's direct negligence rather than on vicarious liability (which Buzbee is also alleging but is much more difficult to prove).

To impose liability on an employer under the theory of negligent supervision, a plaintiff must show that an employer's failure to supervise its employees caused his injuries. The harm imposed on the plaintiff must still have been foreseeable by the Texans, and the harm must have still been employment related (basically were the massages somehow employment related). Like any negligence claim, it has to be shown that the Texans owed these women a legal duty (that includes that the Texans should have foreseen the risk of what Watson allegedly was doing), breached that legal duty, and the plaintiffs suffered damages.

So yes, even if no contract between these women and the Texans, it can still be considered a potential workplace issue and the Texans could be held liable. I'm not saying it is likely they will be held, but the claim could survive a motion for summary judgment.

8. Riverman

Your point can be summarized that anybody can sue anybody for anything. That’s what’s happening with Buzbee and the Texans. And I agree with that.

It will either settle(which is Bubee’s play) or be dismissed. It is NOT a workplace issue.

#108 Riverman, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

So I was thinking… the NFL is in a rock and a hard place. Does the NFL want Houston defending itself in court, which would obviously be pointing a finger at no one but Mr. Happy ending. How would Happy Ending respond to that finger? Possibly with the goods so to speak? What a mess. Could get very ugly for the NFL. The Browns are soooo stupid! Lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed... to willingly walk into that crapfest knowing its a crapfest is stuptarded

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar