I need a baseball team

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Broken Record, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I have never been much of a baseball fan, but I need something to get me by in that boring stretch between the Stanley Cup and the NFL preseason. I have been watching some MLB exhibition games and I actually kind of like it.

Since we don't have a home team in Tennessee, I've never truly had a favorite team. For some reason, the Braves have always turned me off.

Who is your team and why should I make them mine?

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

St. Louis Cardinals....good organization, great fans, generally successful. Not incredibly far from Nashville.

I grew up in Missouri, and have been a Cardinal fan for my whole life.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well if you enjoy spring training then yeah you should be a baseball fan haha but the season is long. Which is a problem for some.

My team is the Red Sox. I have a few Braves friends and a best friend that's a Cardinals fan. For a new fan I would recommend the Red Sox, Cubs, Astros, Cardinals, or maybe the Mariners.

Red Sox- they're a top organization in baseball. Great history and tradition, Fenway, they have a very exciting team this year, great farm system so they're in line for long term success, heavily televised so you can still catch a nice portion of their games, they usually have fun teams so they're easier to root for over the Yankees, and they're one of the favorites to win it all. Post season baseball is another level, very exciting imo.

Cardinals- much like the Red Sox but not going to be at the top this year. Great organization, fan base, history, and they're a team that's usually always competing.

I listed the Cubs and Astros because well it's easier to jump on a bandwagon with no one on it. The Astros are about to start winning. They have a lot of young talent and even more coming through the minors. Cubs are another year away but they actually spend money as well. Plus WGN shows like all their games.

Mariners because of Felix Hernandez and a lot of young talent coming up as well. They've made some aggressive moves the past couple of years, they're actually trying to win now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Broken Record

The Cards are sounding good so far, plus I have no problem with the city of St. Louis. Houston would be tough. I'd hate to find myself arm in arm with Texans fans.

:texansbs:

I live in Knoxville and our minor league team is affiliated with the Cubs, so that might be a good pick. Also, Cincy isn't a terrible drive from home. What's the story on the Reds?

5. The Playmaker

Playoff contenders the past few years but they're about to blow their team up. Can't afford the guys they have and they're not going to be winning it all soon anyway. I've been to a game up there, it's not bad but not the same as some other places I've been to.

I think the Cubs (minor league team in Knoxville) or the Cards (organization, city) would be the best fits. Plus considering you're a new fan and live in an area that's not really all about baseball, picking a big team is beneficial since it's easier to find coverage on them. People are always talking about the Cubs and Cardinals.

6. Broken Record

Yeah. Coverage is an important factor. I'm not much into reading box scores the day after a game.

Based on what you said, the Reds are definitely out. I've got enough teams with bleak horizons. Ha!

7. The Playmaker

haha exactly you need that balance

Titans are sucking but I'm thankful for the Sox. They'll give me good feels all the way until football is back.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why no love for the Braves? Ted Turner has gone away.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

because they are always a cock tease

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I used to be a huge baseball fan, then I got old enough to play football and that was the end of me and baseball...

If I had to pick sides I'd either go Braves or Mariners. As a kid I was a big Ken Griffey Jr. fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar