I like the 2nd round gamble...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

title says my opinion...not sure about it...personally i woulda most probably drafted a DE ...maybe Crowder but

u cant help but like the gamble....henry could easily be a star....personally i lov it whent eh media bashes our team...incentive for them to win ever more an flat out embaress em.

2. well we only get bashed after the draft, such as when we drafted vince last year... everyone was saying how bad he was going to be in the NFL because of his low release

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

This is a completely different situation from Vince. He pretty much single-handedly led a Longhorn team to a NC while in the shadow of a Goliath football program in USC. He put up spectacular numbers across the board and was arguably the most exciting football player college football has ever seen. Vince can carry a team on his back and win games. Chris Henry can't even break 3.3 YPC.

4. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Running backs are often the product of their system. Arizona did not have a very good system.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Arizona didn't have a good anything.

6. Not true! The cheerleaders are fantastic... :ha:

7. dgood

dgood Guest

I saw an article somewhere about a week before the draft talking about how Henry might be the best back in this years draft. Just lack of starts, and the system kept him from showing his potential. I would totally agree. I'll try to find the article again.

8. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

A back better then Adrian Peterson doesn't get a lack of starts.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I heard the same thing, but thought then, and still think, it's a ridiculous claim. He might carry a ton of potential, but Adrian Peterson, barring injury, should have a superb career. Henry is an enigma because of the schemes he had to play, despite having extremely elite measurables and minimal wear on his tires. Like I've said many times, I'm definitely intrigued by the guy.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Kam, I am with you on this one. I hope he can be a star....but I am excited to see what he can do under Norm Chow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar