I know it was just the Colts, but ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I thought Hawk and DW looked a whole lot better this week. I really didn't see them drop any passes or run the wrong routes/miscommunications today, which is a step forward from last week. I was pretty rough on them after last week, glad to see they picked it up some.

Keep it up guys! :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hawk had one bad play that I remember. Curl route on a 3rd down, he didn't turn his head quick enough and locate the ball. So the ball went right over his head and forced us to punt.

Hawk and DW did step up this week and I was happy with their play. But, they were playing against David Caldwell, Jerraud Powers, and Kevin Thomas.

Hopefully they can keep improving!

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That was a tough play. Hawk would have had to sense that Freeney had a free path to Hasselback and cut his route short.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was more impressed with DWill than with Hawk today. DWill made a couple of very good grabs (particularly the sideline grab early)...Hawk looked steady but had a couple of recognition issues.

I was also encouraged by the play of our secondary (after they stopped the 10 yard cushion crap), albeit against the Colts.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

hey... don't write off the colts pass defense... they're more focused on stopping the air attack..

that being said... their run defense.... not so good... and CJ... yeah... -.-

6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Difference between Hawk and Dwill is Hawk's in his 5th season... or 4th?.... I'm not sure, but point is he's been here a while. He should have already had his breakout season if he was going to have it. I just don't think he has the ability in him.

DWill's in the first half of his second year. It's getting to be right about that time that players are supposed to make themselves known if they're going to be something. We're starting to see it, he's put up some nice numbers in 3 of his last 4 games. But he's made some mistakes as well. When you've got young players starting though you have to take the bad with the good.

Plus DWill is physically capable of becoming great. He's got the size, speed, and athleticism.

That's why I'm so high on him. Reciever is... In my mind.. the easiest position to play. So athleticism comes into play a lot more than other positions.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

I've gotta admit... I wasn't hoping for a win, I was hoping for us to not lose. Sad...

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

this game shouldn't be analyzed much, the colts suck and continued to suck in all three phases of the game...

ill judge when i see how we play against cincy. i watched that game both their offense and D look to be pretty good. plus we need AFC wins as do they so it should b a good match up.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

might just be putting a bandaid on a stab wound, but it was good too get a W for the first time in a month

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

True, but then again Hawk didn't really get a chance to have a breakout year or really even get enough playing time to properly develop under Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar