I know a lot of people want pacthug back but

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i think we're better off without him.

we made the playoffs without him. yes, the secondary was the weak link of the defense BUT, the defense was still one of the best in the nfl. the defensive line and linebackers are good enough so the secondary doesn't have to be elite.

we can draft a DB on the first day or go for another sleeper (finnegan) on day 2 and still be ahead of the curve.

it's not a tough decision to me. he's not worth the trouble.

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

While I agree completely, you really cant deny what he brings to the table. It's something not a lot of players can offer, honestly. His playmaking on Defense and Special Teams has been sorely missed this year. If he's on this team, there's no telling how much better this team would've been. Not only does he shut down half the field, but he also gives you great field position/momentum on special teams. The field position factor alone is huge, especially for Fishers type of philosophy. The offense benefited greatly last year off of the short field he provided. However, he doesn't make sense from a numbers stand point and really is a menace to society. It's best to cut our loses and move on. Sad, dumping a top pick like that, not because of injury or because he couldn't cut it...only becuase he couldn't get it right between his ears.

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

but that's the thing. he wasn't on the team this year and should have been. he's selfish and let his team down. the team got to the playoffs without him.

somebody else can pick him up and deal with him. no telling how he'll handle big cities. we're just lil ol nashville and he found plenty of ways to get in trouble.

4. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

Sorry guys, I like pacthug. As a player anyway. I vote to keep him and I think the Titans will. As long as he don't mess up any more. But then if he does then I think we'll be okay like we are this year.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hmm I would rather win instead of achieving the NFL Choir Boy team award.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Damn, can the kid get a reprieve already from some of you???? Were a better team with him on the field NO QUESTION! He is a playmaker and that is most what we all should be concerned about. As it has always appears he is a liked player on this team, and if his teammates can move on past his transgressions, then we as fans should be able to as well.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We already drafted a DB. He was the sixth overall. We need to get him back on the field. He would have been a huge difference maker on ST's. Imagine the offense always starting from the 40 or 50... or better!!!

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I don't want him back. He is a special football player and I have no doubt that we probably would have one a couple more games with him on the roster this year, but I've heard too much about what a cancer he is in the locker room. He had our locker room divided and that's something that you just can't have if you want to be a successful football team.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Where'd you hear that?? everything I read had him being a good teammate and a liked person. Evryone just wished he'd make better decisions, and was getting on him in a big brother type of way.

Please elaborate...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pacman was a detriment to the locker room in 2005 not in 2006.

In 2006 he was a great teamate and his enthusiasm was infectious on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar