I hope James Harrison gets a career ending injury.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LOL wow... Read my next post. Don't take everything so literally. It wouldn't actually be "hilarious", i was just posting out of anger for a guy that tries to intentionally injure our QB and others as well. If Eric LeGrand said before it happened that he enjoys hurting other players and he tries to hurt other players I wouldn't feel bad for him either. Obviously he didn't say that and it really sucks what happened to him..way to bring up a totally unrelated example that makes no sense. :rolleyes:

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I had no problem with him making the distinction of "I want to hurt guys, not injure them", because I agree, there is a line between both. You want all 11 guys on your defense to want to hurt the opposing team players/ball-carriers.

I think the timing is a bit poor, because honestly you don't want to see these bad head injuries like this. I don't think either of the hits were illegal personally, but that doesn't mean I like the result of them.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I thought Harrison's response to the rules and his fine was funny.

He said he's going to have to consider how to change the way he plays and still be effective. "I'm gonna have to talk with my guys and see I'll even be a factor anymore with these new rules. I may not be able to play the game anymore and may just have to give it up."

I think the rules are lame.

I don't wish that severe of an injury on Harrison, although I wouldn't mind seeing a Hartsock/Merriman type of play on him, assuming he did something dirty to one of our players.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He says that he doesn't want to injure other players. His dirty play says that he blatantly does want to injure them.

He will get what's coming to him.I don't care if it's a career ending injury.

He is a typical thug Steeler. Tulloch has been slamming people all over the place but not helmet to helmet.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I think his feeling of wanting to quit the game is actually something I agree with though I hate him. Seriously, this is like the tipping point of what's been building up for years with the over the top reactionary rule changes. It was a matter of time before it got to touch football..sadly it came quicker than I expected..

6. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

Let's put those Titans colored glasses away. We would love him if he was wearing a Titan jersey. His 'dirty play' would suddenly not be so dirty.

Wishing injury on someone, I mean seriously?!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm not saying he isn't a fierce player but he's fierce for the wrong reasons.

I have no problem with his statement, it's a legitimate way to play football. Play to hurt, never injure.

My problem is that his play has expressed little respect for the opposing player. He has shown several times now that he simply doesn't care what he does to the opposing player regarding injury. He doesn't hit a guy to injure, sure. But he's just tiptoeing around the fact that he doesn't care what happens when he hits someone. Injury or otherwise. Few players ever hit to injure. Many players have hit and simply not cared what happened though.

Just watch Ronnie Lott and tell me a guy can't avoid helmet-to-helmet hits while also being an enforcer.

Some of the most brutal hits I've seen from us were Tulloch wrapping up and stonewalling a guy then slamming him on his back. Little risk of injury but you know his eyes are gonna be on #55 the next play.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Um no, please no. Hall is the last guy on our roster I want running the ball. He can catch a dump pass or something in the flats, but God is he a lousy runner out of the backfield.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

nope

not him, Ray Lewis,Merriman,Vick or Cushing. I'd be pissd if we signed any of those turds.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If anyone thinks Stephen Tulloch doesn't think the exact same way they're out of their mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar