I have to get this off my chest..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Then he should keep his mouth shut and off twitter blasting fans. Then he can have his privacy, and his freedom.

He wants to run that little yap of his, then he better be able to take it in return or else everyone will see him as a whiny little b****.

(not directed at anyone particularly)

What ALL of you need to realize is that there is a middle ground

Yes, CJ deserves the SOME of the heat he is getting, however many take it TOO far.

Very few people are seeing the middle ground, which in my opinion, is pretty damn sad. The world isnt black and white.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I didn't even start this thread. Why do you keep saying I did? lol Ever met an alcoholic that didn't drink alcohol Bonky? No you have not. Know why? Because they have to drink alcohol to be an alcoholic. If you don't drink alcohol, you'll NEVER become an alcoholic. Legitimate disease? lol Yeah right.

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Just in case you were wondering, in fact I have met an "alcoholic" who never drank a drop. Yes, it's possible, and in fact documented by the Mayo clinic. Another fun fact about his condition was that a few tylenol could put him in intensive care. A link is here, although I doubt you'll even read it: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcohol-intolerance/DS01172

And you are right, you didn't start this thread, although you certainly have been on the bandwagon with the OP. You're entitled to your opinion, although I believe you aren't applying the same standard to yourself as you are to others.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Is addiction really a disease though? I know lots of people who broke addiction. Not saying its right to make fun of alcoholics, just extending the discussion.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think this whole thread should go to the lounge. It is not Titans or NFL related. It is about emoticons and feelings.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm not saying it's okay to make fun of alcoholics, nor will you see me do so to an actual person who is an alcoholic. We all have our problems, but to say that it's just as bad as making fun of someone with a medical condition they have no control over and never did just doesn't make any sense. What is this argument about anyway? I mean, the point was that making fun of CJ over his twitch is disgraceful to those of us that have morals when it comes to the way we treat people. Specifically, those who happen to be different than us. Just take a look at the namecalling directed at me in this very thread and you'll see the root problem here is intolerance of people who are different by many of the users on this site, not me calling them out for it.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

That's exactly the point. Criticize a player for football related things, not twitches, dreads, gold teeth, and speaking accents.

Why do certain fans criticize him for these things?

You guessed it, emotions and feelings.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yes this thread is about your feelings being upset over smilies. Now move this thread to the lounge so it can fade away...

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol Again, I didn't start this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar