I have really tried.........after Vince who is.............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I have really tried to stay optimistic lately but with everything going on or not going on for the titans this offseason in the wrong and negative way outside of Vince Young what does the titans have to look forward to??? We have no pass game no run game what is there to look forward to I am really trying to think of something positive to say about the Titans other than we have Vince Young who is a heck of a talent and alot of fun to watch but the joke here lately is he going to throw the ball to himself and run and return kickoffs and punts now? I just hate to think Vince's talent going to be wasted. The draft is a few weeks away maybe we can do some good there but history has not been ourside when it comes to drafting players except for Vince. Its just sad that on our roster the 2nd best player on the titans last year was a rookie. Now the best player playing this season will be a Vince. Other than that Vince who else is there??? 5 months away to our first game on Aug 11 against the Skins its just not looking good.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The benching of Lamont Thompson has me excited already. With pacman, this secondary would've been something. Thanks a lot goodell.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

not again...

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

IMO the easiest 2 positions to fill is RB and WR...

As for the suspension of Pacman.. it could be for the best. I'd rather he's suspended for a year and gets to think about this real hard...rather than being involved in another incident and being imprisoned for 8-10.

I think we've done an above average job this offseason (so far)..

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the reason WR and RB are the easiest to fill is because on the defensive side we have huge gaps to fill, its like comparing outer space to a little crack on the sidewalk.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

You don't need a bunch of super stars, IMO all you really need is a few great players (VY, Keith Bulluck) and a bunch of good, serviceable starters and you should be alright. IMO we have that, we should be fine

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm sick of having just servicable starters. Where has it got us?

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im not worried about RB, and Ive said this like 100x, Lendale will produce. I dont wanna talk about teh Pac suspension, it makes me sick.

I have no worries right now, but if something goes wrong, and we dont address our needs at the draft, then Im seriously worried

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We need a really strong draft this year maybe even more than lasts years.

MR better put up come April 28th and 29th or I will be pissed.

I would like to see us trade up for Jamaal Anderson. Rumor has it he is falling in a lot of mocks and only goin a couple spots above us. Why not trade up a few spots and snag him we have enough picks.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Admittedly, the outlook is rather bleak at the moment. There are, however, a few silver linings....

Finnegan is gonna be the real deal. As a rookie, he gave up zero big plays or TD's, showed a good nose for the ball, and made several very impressive plays in coverage.

With Lamont Thompson out of the way, we'll finally get to see what Fuller and Lowry can do. Fuller is either in the right place at the right time an awful lot, or he's got a great nose for the ball. We haven't seen Lowry's cover skills, but we've seen him hit.....the guy absolutely lights ballcarriers up. Mark my words....he's gonna make the middle a very difficult and unpleasant place for opponents to be.

When VY finally hit his stride last year, Ben Troupe was already done for the year. If they can develop a connection similar to what VY has with Scaife....watch out.

I think a lot of people are selling Brandon Jones short. He may not have put up eye-popping stats, but he did everything that was asked of him, was the most consistent WR on the roster, and made very few mistakes. He's ready to take the next step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar