I have just one question for the guys who did the mock drafts?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

How did they go :D

This is why I don't touch mock drafts.

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I got Locker right. lol

3. gran54

gran54 Starter

I do a mock draft knowing it's not going to be correct lol too many possibilities

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I never make mocks, no reason to. Tonight showed you why not to waste your time trying to figure out the draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 24

24 Starter

Not a fan of mocks. But, two things. First, there's a reason why teams also make mock drafts, it's to see where people could go. Second, your success is all relative to how others do. If you get 12 picks right, it may not be great, but it's still good compared to others.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My friends and I always do mocks before the draft, each put like $10 down, winner takes all. Every pick you get right earns you a point, most points at the end win.

I had picks #1-#6 right (other than it was the Browns getin Julio), #8, #9, #11, #15, and #30 right. I won :)

7. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

As far as who took whom, I blew it like whoa: only scored on the Bills, Cowboys, and Colts. But I did correctly pick 27 out of 32 first-rounders (missed on Da'Quan Bowers, Brandon Harris, Stephen Paea, Justin Houston, and Ryan Mallet).

Then again I don't think many people had Christian Ponder or James Carpenter going in the first; and I thought Jimmy Smith and Jonathan Baldwin would fall because of character issues. Watkins I just thought was too old to spend a first on.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It only takes a pick or two nobody saw coming to mess a mock draft up. Those things have a domino effect the rest of the draft. For example I'm guessing Detroit was probably hoping ot get Amakamura but when they saw Fairly sitting there and thinking how nice it would be to play him along side Suh they jumped at the chance to get him. Of course that means Amakamura ends up dropping a little further. For the most part all the good players everyone expected to go in the 1st round did. Baldwin was a little bit of a surprise.

Interesting that what Atlanta was trying to accomplish with their ridiculous trade for Jones might have been accomplished by the Chiefs and the Chiefs got an additional 3rd rounder as well. The Chiefs like Atlanta already have a solid #1 WR in Bowe and wanted a complimentary player at WR. So they trade back, getting a 3rd round pick form the Browns and take Baldwin. Even though that might have been a little early for Baldwin the extra 3rd rounder makes it a good deal. Now they have two physical WRs who compliment each other and an extra pick to bolster another position.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Speaking of Suh and Fairley. That's going to be a dangerous combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar