i have flat out given up!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Why be pissed? Dude is not even in country since he was released. You can send Kuharsky or any ESPN blogger an e-mail right now saying you heard something and they will probably publish it. They'll take anything.

The Titans FO is much more aware of things than those of us posting on an internet BB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I can ignore the name mix-up, but I can't ignore the fact that this is just plain wrong. The Titans signed Nate Washington and THEN tried to trade for Holt before he got released. He refused to re-do his deal, so the trade didn't happen. The Titans are for sure still in the mix for "Big Game." Maybe the Jags (or another team) will offer more and get him, but I fully expect the Titans to make a run for him. The team has now tried on two separate occasions to obtain him via trade. Clearly he's a guy the front office likes. Nate Washington has no impact on that.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

In addition to the "funniest quotes" these boards should have a "best quotes" thread. This one would belong there..

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'm not saying the Jags won't get Holt, but there's something you have to remember. They are saying they have been in contact with Holt's agent, nothing more. They have basically purged their team, and their fans have little to be excited about. There's nothing that says the Titans aren't also in contact with Holt's agent.

Furthermore, our FO and coaching staff have put us in a postion to succeed without a FA like Holt. Holt may help the Jags sell tickets to their games, but the Jags would likely still suck even with Holt. That little piece of information alone should make you excited and proud to be a Titan fan.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Consider this. Holt wanted out of the Rams because he was SICK of LOSING. He won the Super Bowl as a rookie and after a few years of success...that team descended and hasn't stopped free falling. Granted Holt likes expensive stuff, but does he want to go to a slightly better bad team for a couple of mil more than going to a team that just needs that vet WR to put it over the top? Granted, he could go to a Denver type of team and inflate his stats as Cutler tries to win shootouts after the D gives up 30, but he'll still be losing.

Frankly, I'm very surprised the Pats signed Galloway after they knew Holt would be released. The fact that we wanted Holt after we signed Washington is a GOOD sign. But the Titans are controlling there cap and are not gonna break the bank...even for an AH. If Holt wants too much, he can make it playing for a bad team. We can then draft a good WR somewhere in the top 3 rnds of this draft. Remember, we aren't desperate for a WR. Washington and Gage as our starters is fine. I'm not convinced Hawkins will win the 3rd spot outright so we could use some competition for him...if not a better player. And we could still draft a top WR and either let them develop as the #3 or move Washington back to the slot.

I want Holt but I won't have a problem if they don't get him. I think the Titans have a BETTER than 50/50 to land Holt. It just makes sense (except for our run first offense).

Gut

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If Holt is the line in the sand where you give up on The Titans, then you should give up anyway..

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm really not worried about it. If we get Holt than that's great and I think we will. If he goes to Jacksonville for more money than he can wish he went here twice a year when we beat the Jags twice next year. There's still plenty of time to sign him, were in no rush and he's in no rush to sign somewhere.

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

oh, don't worry , i am very proud to be a titans fan! always have been, and always will be! i guess where i am getting at , is that alot of times, when we have the opportunity to get a reciever with the cailber of a holt for example, we don't do it, and we always rely on the draft, and pick some scrubs in the 6th or 7th round, like a peter hooto from the college of boot shining!! and no levelle hawkins is not in the group to me, cause one, cal is a darn good school , and two, i think he has what it takes, but hopefully yawl understand. holt is on the open market, and i feel that he can help out offense, cause our passing attack MUST IMPROVE! that would make us just that much more dangerous than what we already are. and childress 79, i know what you mean man! but the tomb has been down for a few days, so i had to vent somewhere!

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

kimberly, I sometimes go to the TOMB, (I'm not a member of it). You're the one that's always going off the deep end during free agency, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar