I for one LOVE this draft, hear me out

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 14u2ponder, Apr 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

While I understand people wanted a wide receiver, and many are not sure if trading up to get a qb (that was literally passed up by everyone in the draft) was a good move: my thing is that the titans got high-level prospects at critical positions.

It may or may not work out, but no one can deny that Will Levis doesn’t have a big arm and is an athlete who some considered the top arm in the draft. Frankly even if the titans had drafted cj stroud anthony richardson or bryce young, I wouldn’t feel as though we had a sure thing. With qbs you never know, but the titans have one of the top prospects at that position coming out of college this year. And while the titans took a flyer on Malik Willis last year, that was a third round flyer that didn’t work out. The important point here was the titans got a qb in this draft and still got a top OLineman to replace Lewan.

Also regarding the wide receiver situation, I believe that most of us and even the front office are expecting that Traylon Burks will be our best offensive player (including Henry) and is as good a wide receiver as we have had, so the fact that they went running back in the 3rd round was a good move considering and almost warranted. I don’t believe the titans (or even us) want to hand it to Henry 30 times a game.
    The titans (doing that) became way too predictable and ran Henry into the ground by chasing past glory. Thus this draft was a move away from the old model.
    This year I suspect a mark change from the past of running Henry 30 times a game. Indeed, I suspect that Henry will not be carry the ball more than perhaps 15 times a game next year so the draft pick of Tyjae Spears is a great pick to have more dynamic backfield.

Finally the fact that they went entirely on the offense this year is great and the titans have taken opportunities with some picks that if they work out, could be a huge step in the right direction down the line.

This I am excited for one in a long time going into the season. I can’t wait to see how these players may pan out.

#1 14u2ponder, Apr 30, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. WinnipegTitan

WinnipegTitan Starter

Be prepare to get trashed LOL

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No one should be angry with Carthon (yet). The guy responsible for this unexciting nuts and bolts rebuild draft is no longer with the Titans.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I just think we have way too many holes to have worried about a qb this year.

You say a lineman to replace Lewan, maybe? But everything I read says he will most likely play guard.

Then we take a rb who may be good for a season or two, but there is no way he will have much in the tank with all the injuries he has suffered and is still suffering. He absolutely isnt our future RB after Henry is gone. At best he compliments Henry next season, but it isnt like we are hurting for RBs.

The TE looks good, a target like that seems great, but reading about him looks like he is more of a blocker and not much of a receiver. He broke 300 yards last season in college. Ok, not much to get excited about.

Hopefully the OT we picked up will be servicable as a back up.

Then we get another practice squad WR.

That leaves Levis who may or may not turn into an NFL qb. I havent been impressed with any of the highlights I have seen from him so far. He chunks it up and hopes a receiver can spin around and twist into a catch. We dont have receivers capable of doing that.

I dont see any real changes coming next season.

5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

yeah Carter being gone should help with the o-line but we will have to see if the OLine coach is a real coach or just another yes man in the pile of yes men Vrabel has previously hired.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don’t expect over 6 wins next season. We are rebuilding.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

They are focused on long term success, not just 10-7 this year. But, until the rash of injuries became insurmountable, we were 7-3. Injuries and Downing were the two biggest factors in our drop off last year. This year the OL will be better, that alone will make a big difference.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

The idea that he will play guard is based on his less than ideal reach, but the titans did not pick a guard THAT high.
    He has the potential to play left tackle as well. That is: he is a versatile player who is the best pass blocking olineman in the draft.
    And also it would not take much to replace lewan dude gets hurt walking out of the huddle.

#8 14u2ponder, Apr 30, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
  9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Wish they would’ve taken Darnel Washington instead of the no ACL running back, feel like they could’ve gotten the RB in the 5th

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Or we could have given him $500k guaranteed as a UDFA

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar