I don't know about you, but I'm on the Tebow wagon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Yes he was, makes me wonder what dunce would be saying if Tebow were black instead of white? Just saying.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

How chris johnson gets lumped into the group with Tim Tebow and Vince Young is beyond me..

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He's not doing a literal comparison, he is saying "Imagine if CJ didn't start his first year, and then second year there was an injury forcing him in, and he stank, but we still won, would we be happy with CJ?" Because that's what's happening with Tebow, he sucks, but they're winning so he's getting a free pass.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Also when was DW on the VY is god wagon? I remember him saying he'd be terrible coming out of texas, and eventually changing his tone a bit, saying that VY should start. But he never really hyped him to my knowledge.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

7-1 after coming in as starter at the one position that touches the ball every play. You cannot compare Griffin to this scenario. Maybe VY. However, this will only reveal itself come next season once teams have seen it...much like VY. Look at the guy in Philly...sux with all that talent around him.

Personally, I think if Tebow was a smack talking idiot like many players in this league there would not be all the hate and pain taken to explain why he sux or is inexplicably winning games. I think he is being unfairly scrutinized because of his lack of shame to show his faith, give credit where it is due (his team mates...who he has said are making him look better than he is) and play the game like someone who honestly feels lucky to be doing what he does.

I guess he could act like a selfish Jacka** like Desean Jackson or some of these other guys who take the game for granted....but he doesn't. And all it has gotten him is incredible criticism...all because he plays the game like everyone always says these guys should.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Apt comparison. Does CJ evade criticism when he sucks? No, even here he gets knocked on the head. Doesn't matter if we're winning. Griffin and especially Young have had light made of their struggles even when we were winning.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'd replace Griffin in a heartbeat. Seems to have that 'work as little as you can without getting fired' mentality. Has no heart. He has the skill set to be another Sean Taylor, but I'd play a guy with less talent and a better attitude and courage easy.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I agree that Tebow sucks and gets unwarranted love from the fans. But this is a stupid thread (as usual)

If CJ was sucking for the first 3 quarters, and then busting out an 80 yard touchdown on the game winning drive, yes, we would still support him.

If Griffin was sucking for 3 quarters, and then always putting the game away in the 4th quarter, yes, we would support him too.

Vince practically lived the Tebow life for years and a lot of us still support him.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Exactly

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Tebow is polarizing and we all know the reasons. This is not news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar