I don't know about you, but I'm on the Tebow wagon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was thinking Bud Kilmer from Varsity Blues...

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Dude! Quit using ESPN as your whipping boy when you don't even watch. Most of the guys on ESPN agree with you.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

HELLLL no he's not. Tim Tebow has more determination in his little pinky than in all of Vince Young's family tree. You can't break Tebow's spirit.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Don't tell him that! FFS!

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Let's say this...

Say we gave up our first round draft pick for a guy that had a few question marks. He was your typical college star that you aren't so sure would translate to the NFL. We can use anyone as an example: Chris Johnson, Vince Young, Michael Griffin, etc.
    Now, their rookie season goes by- and they don't get much playing time. The coaching staff seems to not trust their development as a player and dreads the day they'll actually have to play them. Now, naturally we'll start muttering "bust? Bust."
    Enter year 2. Now we end up having an injury... our underperforming 1st round pick gets thrown in to the mix. Most of us are pretty excited, because although we've only heard bad things- we think there may be something special there. We followed the guy in college.

So he gets in the game. Yes! About time. Insert your own scenario:

Chris Johnson averages 2.0 yards per touch. Looks atrocious for the most part. This continues for 5 weeks. Looks like he'd never start without that injury. However, we're still winning.
    Vince Young fails to complete 50% of his passes, but leads a few drives late. Looks really bad. Continues for 5 weeks. Looks like he'd never start without that injury. Still winning though.
    Michael Griffin gets beat over and over like a drum, giving up big play after big play. Continues for 5 weeks. Looks like he'd never be a starter without the injury. We're still winning though.

Just how harsh would we be to these guys? I'm guessing very. We'd all asume they were busts. We'd be upset at the FO for skipping other players. Rightfully so. Any first round pick should be able to contribute immediately- but after 2 years and they still look terrible? No way would we ignore their performance (or lack of) while saying "hey, at least we're winning." And most importantly we'd never give them the credit for it when they're clearly the weakest link on the field.

So why does this happen for Tim Tebow?

Let's pretend he will keep this magical thing going and will only play bad teams for the rest of his career. Can we ever give a guy credit that can't complete half his passes? This is basically as if your running back sucked all game long- giving the opposing team countless opportunities to score, but then the defense holds tight all game... and the guy punches in a score at the end.

I don't get it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Feel free to merge in to appropriate Tebow thread. I couldn't pick one.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Weren't you on the VY is God wagon at some point? Exact same scenario. Tebow will come crashing down soon.

The one thing he's got going for him is a good head on his shoulders but that won't last.
    You're believing the hype.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I just want to know why John Skelton gets no attention for "just winning games" for the Cardinals this season.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This week will be his first real test....the bubble may burst afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar