I Can't Wait for This Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

It should be a good game.

To say we haven't faced a team with the sack total of yours is true but it's not like we haven't been playing some really good players. Mario Williams for one has 8 sacks this year. Against the Titans ....... nothing. And then the week after we didn't give up any to Minnesota. This has been true almost the entire year. Our offense has given up only 6 sacks all year while your guys have 19.

Have you guys played a team that has been giving up less sacks than us is the question?

And another thing is we're not slouches in the sack department either. Compared to your impressive 3rd spot is the Titans at 6th (34 total to 28 total). I would also think that our total is a little lower than where it should/could be with Vanden Bosch not in and playing the entire year. If he's in Sunday lookout.:shocked: :shocked:

I hope it's a good injury free game.

And another win.:wink2:

2. extmenace

extmenace Camp Fodder

True...you might have played against some good players but the jets pass rush is a little different. We do not have just one player racking up all the sacks. Of our 34 sacks our sack leader has just 7.5 (ellis) followed by calvin pace with 4.5. Our pass rush comes from many different angles and in different packages. The reason we have so many thus far this season is because offensive lines are not sure exactly where the pressure is coming from. also even though you guys have allowed only 6 sacks...4 sacks have come in the last 3 weeks which is still pretty good numbers but it also means teams are starting to get in there. I expect to see favre on the ground but don't think collins is leaving with a clean jersey win or lose.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans have played their share of 34 teams. Seeing undersized LB blitz instead of meat eating DL is nothing new to the Titans.

4. extmenace

extmenace Camp Fodder

and don't forget about those blitzing safetys and corners as well...the jets will bring the heat in all directions.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just another sunday for the Titans.

And really it ain't that complex, Jets throw a S into the box and Scaife catches a 5 yarder, well it would have been a 5 yarder if the S was there, its now 20+ and Bo knows 20+

I, like kfc, hope the Bretts blitz the CBs, Chris Johnson will be past the S's before the CBs can exit the pocket.

honestly the Titans are as experienced against the 34 as any team in the NFL, granted VY made playing against the 34 look like Egyptian caculus or something, but VY will be carrying a clipboard, or an Ipod or something, but not a football.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. extmenace

extmenace Camp Fodder

Lol...I hope the titans are taking the jets as serious as you are :greedy: .

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I knew it was only a matter of time before more of you Jets fans would come on here with a hard on about your 7-3 Jets. Every week fans come on here and start throwin all these stats around and scenerios about how their team can do this that and the other and what happens, they lose. Now i know one thing, i trust Collins more then i would trust Brett at this point in their careers. When Brett is under pressure, we all know he forces things and throws int's,its almost automatic. Collins has proven that hes smart when the heat is comin and he knows what to do. I'll take a Collins sack over a pick six any day of the week and thats one of the reasons why we're 10-0 and your 7-3.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Anyone going to the game this week? It is a fair distance way for me to travel but I pick one game a year and this is it. So I will be tailgating in lot R on Sunday morning.
    I am hoping to see Vandenbosch return to add an element to the "inflicted pain and sack" situation.

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I think who ever QB makes the most mistakes will lose the game. Turnovers will be the story in this game. The reason I say this is, I'll give credit to the Jets Defense, they've come on strong the past couple of weeks in large part due to the play of Jenkins. And we all know what the Titans can do on D. There will not be a lot of scoring on either side with the way each Defense is playing. Both teams will focus on stopping the run, neither team wants the other RBs to get going, therefore it will fall on ths shoulders of the QBs. Which ever one makes the big mistake(s) will lose the game. Lately both QBs have played fairly well, minimum mistakes and big play making. However, I believe Collins, under pressure up to this point in the season has made better decisions with the ball then Brett has...and lord knows each QB will be getting a lot of pressure. I also believe that our O line is slightly, if not greatly, better then the Jets O line. Collins will get slightly less pressure then Farve and should have more time then Brett. But when he is pressured he is secure with the football, Farve when pressured can throw the big mistake.

Therefore I see the Titans winning the game 21-17. (No one has put more then 21 points on our D this year and although it could happen this week I think the D will come through as usual, as long as we can score 21 or more we will win the game.)

I see the game being really close and the we just might get our first lost (its bound to happen) but there's something about this team tells me that it won't phappen this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar