I can fix our return game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carolina, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

he did it his rookie year and in college i believe

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I was PO'd that ReyTARD was kept.

yes he had a couple of games where his retardation was only slightly visible, but he went full retard sunday.

And honestly he was much better after that gaff - but still. Jeebus dude![​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Chris Carr was our KR/PR... and I was furious we let him go. He could've been good for a couple more years.

Anyways... college isn't the same as the pros, obviously. And he played pretty weak competition in his conference.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

For real doe. I find myself holding my breath during every routine punt and kickoff.. we shouldn't have to deal with this on the professional level. It's like watching Palardy's PATs in UT games.. despicable.

That safety against Pitt was unbelievable. I would have cut Reynaud right there on the field.. literally, with a knife.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

theres gotta be someone on this team that can do this!

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I never understood why the Titans seem so over-protective of their skill players. DeSean Jackson returns kicks for Philly and he's arguably their best offensive player. Patrick Peterson returns kicks for Arizona and he is their best defensive player. Those coaches aren't afraid of getting the players hurt because when they have the ball in their hands they're electric and the good they do with the ball in their hands outweighs the possible bad things that could happen.

If you go back and watch CJ's college tape he was outstanding returning kicks. I think he averaged something crazy like 50 yards per return (not sure of the exact number but it's high). If they think CJ is too expensive to put back there, I say put Kendall back there. He has some of the best hands on the team and is extremely shifty when he has the ball in his hands. Not only would both of those guys be better than Reynaud, it would also clear up a roster spot.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

first your right Titans are loth too put 'stars' on teams

that said I hope, not believe but hope, its more because they only have so much pratice time and choose to let them concentrate on their primary jobs not ST

Its probably exactly what you said and they are just askerd too do it

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Damian Williams has returned punt/kicks as I recall. And he seems to have some of the best hands on the team.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yup, I also want to see D-Will out there returning punts/kickoffs. I think he can be much better than Ray, at least at fielding balls and making good decisions.

However, tall/lanky return men are rare b/c its even more dangerous for them as opposed to smaller guys. I really don't want to loose D-Will to injury either. I know people are calling for Hunter to get more playing time (as am I), but it shouldn't be at the expense of DWill. In my eyes now its Nate+KW/D-will starting, with Hunter spelling whenever needed and used smartly (maybe 20-30 snaps).

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind seeing Kendall Wright at punts. Good hands, good decisions, some elusiveness.

I don't trust Tommie Campbell to do anything, though it would save us 15 yards per return in penalties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar