I bet Britt will become better than Percy Harvin and Crabtree.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's called prospect comparisons, look it up.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Kind of like Brian Billick? :ha:

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Ok, so what basis do you have to call Jerry Rice a 4.6 wide receiver? Obviously combine/pro day times aren't enough, so what is that you are judging it on?

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I think you'd be surprised. It's called football speed. There's a big difference in timed 40s on artificial surface in track shoes and under-armor, and speed in full gear while you are being chased or are chasing someone. I've run down guys that ran 4.3s and 4.4s when I ran a 4.52. Those same guys smoked me on the track in the 100. Some athletes don't lose any speed when they put on the pads while others run slower. 40 times are pretty overrated when judging speed on the football field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, once you're in the NFL, no team cares about what your 40 time was as a rookie. They look at your NFL film. Just because a player runs a certain speed in pre-draft workouts doesn't mean he will run the same speed years later... or even that there wasn't some other factor that caused him to record a sub par time.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Which is why I'm saying Fitz isn't a 4.7 guy. No matter what he ran on a track.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

who cares if Fitz runs a 5.20

the point is he owned Finny in the probowl.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would love for Britt to turn into the next Moss, Owens or other big name guy, minus the drama of course. Kenny Britt may very well come on to the scene and show the league he's no 30th overall, and actually as good as anyone picked before 5 pm on day one. I was a little thrown off when Tennessee went WR with their first pick, but without any real No.1 wideout how could they not. I cant say he's a bad fit or even think he wouldn't emerge as our next Pro Bowler. I'm certainly rooting for him to succeed, because when Kenny Britt scores, us Titans fans are winning too. As for Percy Harvin playing in Minnesota with the turf; I cant help but watch his debut, and we all know Crabtree will do well. So really the only thing we can do is wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar