I am not here to bury Schwartzie but to praise him...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MBSGWb dehr Schwartzie started the game in the same deep cover 2 as he did against the dolts, but in the second half he mixed it up way more and blitzed occassionally, not getting sacks but forcing Brunell to move out of the pocket.

Before I get all giddy the D did allow 125 rushing yards in a close game, but I will give credit for a win and I for one am reopen to the possibility that Schwartz should not have to wear protective headgear 23 hours a day. Keep it up red hat boy, but now do it without getting gouged against the run.

Somebody needs to formally introduce Ben "Ginger Queen" Troupe to Norm "dump it" Chow. Troupe only has 7 catches in 2006, yeah he had a real bad play against the J-E-T-S, but he is still on the team toss him a bone or something.

Has anyone informed Project Blue Book about the invasion of the Pod People. No other rational explanation for Lamont "Big Dummy" Thompsons making play after play at the end of the game. Pod Person for sure.

Then there is Reynaldo Hill. Just how awful is Woolfolk that he cannot get some PT with Hill as competition.:suspect:

Overall the D played with attitude and did not get rattled when the skins tied the game. I am looking forward to seeing some of that at home against the cows in two weeks. The O put up 5 scoring drives and a season high 23 points. Make 4 of those drives TDs and this team is gonna win a bunch of games.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

LMFAO at your unique gift for smacking labels on everyone on the roster.

3. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

The D did a good job flushing Brunell to his right. With him being a leftie, he is really weak, and obviously inaccurate going to his right.

Even though they did not get the sack, they put enough pressure on him to make him uncomfortable to say the least in many of his throws.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, Chow isn't the one not throwing the football to Troupe, however he has dropped a couple of good passes by Vince already, so there might not be a whole lot of trust yet.

As for Schwartz I think he did an approvable job by blitzing and mixing up coverages. I would still like to see more of different formations and moving around presnap, but it was a big step in the right direction and it allowed players like Hope to go out and do what they do best, making plays. I absolutely loved how Hope snuffed out the screen to Portis on a Hill blitz.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i saw someone else mention this in the game thread, but why is hope on pacmans side on lamont playing on hill's side?

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

the defense really didnt do that great yesterday, they were average

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

average? Maybe average for an NFL defense but well better than we are acustomed to seeing.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

other than those reverses by Moss, the D shut down the run game. I think portis was held to about 58 yards if i remember right, pretty good if you ask me, especially with the adjustments in the 2nd half...

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'll take average with Schwartz anyday.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

especially without Fat Al.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar