Hurry Up and Wait on a Fisher Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Regardless of top 3s or not. They're all very good players. And yes, Hope is about as solid as you get as a safety. (exclude highlights) Same with Bulluck. How many times does this guy have the most tackles as a LB? KVB is very good. Hard to show when you're being doubled, but you know it's there.

It amazes me to what people will go to in order to make excuses for someone that isn't doing their job well with this team. I bet Woolfolk wishes you guys gave him as many BS excuses as to why he sucks as you do other players/coaches.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You just posted the exact reason I did before. KVB is ineffective due to double teams thus rendering him half useless because the other personnel on the D-Line are simply not up to par to put any pressure on.

As mentioned before it is not the good players, it is just how terrible the rest of the defense is.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe my approach should have been who else would LT and Hill have started for last year among top 15 defenses. How about some of the scrubs we were playing on the DL?

4. TitanJeff

Amongst the darkness appears a flicker of light.

5. TitanJeff

It amazes me that anyone would think a coordinator would play an inferior scheme to one which was proven successful.

6. Deuce Wayne

All teams have weak links, but most rely on their good players to overcome for the few bad. It's impossible with Schwartz though.
    Talent on the defensive side is good. Many coaches could have a top 20 D with this roster. We shouldn't need 10 pro-bowlers on defense to crack the top 20.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Schwartzie-poo sucks cow nads.

8. TitanJeff

I return to my question: "Did Schwartz abandon the effective defense scheme of '02 and '03 for one which resulted in the 32nd-ranked defense last season?"

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

For me, the jury is out on Schwartz - we've seen him field good defenses and bad ones. We've seen him limit good offenses with a bad defense on the field, and we've wondered why he (and/or Fisher) made certain personnel moves... or lack thereof.

All in all though... Titans defensive scheme hinges on stopping the run - always has and probably always will... with an emphasis on an aggressive secondary that gives up chunks but also creates TOs. Our top run stuffer found himself otherwise disposed for almost 1/2 the season, and the rest underperformed or struggled with injuries - with questionable help from a LB that was trying to transition to the middle. Given those things, I'm not sure what to make of Schwartz last year - I'm not sure he had a chance. But I believe the play of his line this year will ultimately determine his fate and possibly Fisher's. With a new MLB and contract years coming up on the line, I see improved run D... so we'll watch what Schwartz does with what is probably a middle-of-the-road secondary. If he can pull a good performance out of them, then I like. If he can't it's hard not to wonder if someone else could.

edit: sorry, TJ - I'll let someone else answer your Q... I for one like his scheme - only possible criticism for me is personnel moves and/or coaching, but there really weren't a ton of options there, either.

10. Deuce Wayne

Problem is, his scheme never changes. Even if it's being completely abused he sticks with it wondering if his calculator is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar