Hunter may sit against Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

That's the thing about this pick. A 2nd rounder should pretty much come in and contribute right away. Past 2nd rounders like Ayers and Brown played and played pretty quickly. I liked the pick but I think he needs to play. I honestly think he is better than DWill right now and no way Preston should play ahead of him.

With as much help as we need on defense I'm beginning to wonder if going somewhere else with our 2nd rounder would have been more help to us immediately.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Not only was he a second round player, he was the 34th pick. That's fringe first round material and we traded up to get him. He must've had a top-20 grade for us move up and get him and now he's not dressing.

Given a normal week who do you think dresses, Preston or Hunter? I'd probably say Preston because Hunter hasn't played a day of special teams in his life.

3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

If he doesn't dress and a receiver (Brittle) goes down fire the idiot on the field. Nate gets rocked all the time and will usually spend some time on the sidelines.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

LB is easier to come in and contribute right away as a rookie.

Hunter was brought in to play next year, after Britt is gone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think that going somewhere else with our 2nd round pick would have absolutely helped us more THIS season. Hunter is athletic and raw and was taken at a time when we had a decently deep position group at WR.

We picked him up for 2014 when Britt and Washington could very well be off of the team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

We coupled this draft with a really aggressive FA, so I think it was a good move for the future. It would have been nice for the FO to be a little more aggressive on the defensive side of the ball, but they are really counting on their past 2 seasons draft picks to pay off for this Titans D.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I understand if hes not a major piece of the game plan this year but really inactive his first regular season game ever wow kinda discerning

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Both hunter and Preston will get their big chance next year when at least 2 of the 4 guys ahead of them will be gone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Not smart to go into the game with only 4 active wideouts. What do we do if someone gets hurt. I guess Reynaud or Walker could replace the 4th wide receiver. Rather them keep 5 guys active at WR.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It was preseason, don't read too much into what kind of play was called or routes that were run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar