How'd the new players look to you?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I didn't get to watch any of it but CJ's TD was pretty damn awesome to see even if it was only preseason. He didn't even appear to be gunning it and he was still taking it to the house. It was nice to see Kenny and Nate leading the convoy to the end zone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Shonn had some nice runs. The OL as a whole was impressive, other than the sacks allowed. I remember Fouku was talking trash, love that. Pollard had a nasty hit, hopefully those continue - minus the flags. Turner looks to be in the run for starting center.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You forgot Fitzpatrick, son...

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Greene Impressed

Foku I was pleasantly surprised with. I saw him lay at least one good hit.

Harder to tell with Levitre. I thought the OL did a great job opening holes in the run game, but I wasn't that impressed with the pass blocking last night. Not putting it on Levitre, I think its mainly because we have a completely new OL that needs to gel and learn how to work as a unit. That will take a few more games, so I really don't have any red flags.

I was surprised to see Turner starting at C. I guess he is beating out Velasco (which is a good sign). Would still rather see Schwenke in there, but at this point I don't think we will until late in the year or next year.

Hill is a big guy, and seemed pretty active. I was happy with the starting DL for the most part.

6. JCBRAVE

Oops

7. JCBRAVE

Sorry can't edit my posts anymore.

8. luvyablue256

luvyablue256 Starter

I liked the early penetration from the D-line (Hill, etc). If those guys can stay healthy (knock on wood), they could be nasty. Especially once GW gets the schemes going.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Greene and Fokou looked very solid. can someone please put a hit on Griffin, I hate that MFer, standing all alone in the endzone with nobody 20 yards near him but yet Fred Davis is wide open.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

One thing became apparent to me last night; If Fernando Velasco wins the center battle we're in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar