How you became...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sir_Titan, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i guess i became a fan because i liked mcnair. he was a great QB and a true warrior, that man would play through any injury

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I have to thank my friend for me being a Titans fan.

When i was 9 years old, it was the Houston Oilers vs Cleveland Browns, and we made a bet as to who was going to win (The blue and white team or the brown team). Thank God he picked the (brown team).

I remember Houston tearing them up and i just fell in love with them ever since :)

3. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

My story is very similar to Sir Titans's. Like him, I bacame a fan threw Eddy, im guessing thats how most of the Ohio fans became fans. Football wise, i am probably located at the worst area in Ohio. I sit about in the middle of Indy and Pittsburg, so everyone is either a colt or steeler fan (with the browns and bengals mixed in some). But, living about a half hour from columbus, I obviously grew up a die hard buckeye. My dad is an eagle fan so i grew up liking them. While Eddy was a buckeye though, he became my favorite player and i decided to start liking whatever team he went to. Once he left to Dallas, I almost followed him there but i had become emotionably attached to the team over the years and here I am now. I have never been to a game yet, but am hoping to be able to make one next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. thebigt

thebigt Camp Fodder

at first i was a miami fan mainly cause my dad was one than it started at that superbowl run i jump on the bandwagon .then the next season i got annoyed that they were never on tv in indiana so i stopped watching football (except ND). then about 05 i came back and to spite all the colts fans that i worked with and friends i started rooting for the titans again and ive stuck with them ever since.

5. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

6. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

It had to be when the Warrior first arrived and began to lead the Oilers/ Titans organization to the promise land and out of mediocrity. He is a legend in his own right and we should all give thanks for his numerous contributions over the years to the Titans as he leads them on their journey to the Super Bowl this year after such a long and arduous journey as their leader.

7. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

o o o O O O
    [​IMG]

First thing that popped in my mind when I read this post!

8. Sassy4Titans

Sassy4Titans Camp Fodder

It was January 2000 . . . a native Tennessean now living in upstate New York, I dutifully (and gladly) called my mother every Sunday. Now mine was the quintessential Southern mom: always nice and polite, cute little outfits, hair always in place, the best I could have ever hoped for but not a sport-related bone in her body or so I thought . . . This particular Sunday I called and asked what she was doing. She said in her wonderful Southern accent, "I'm watching the Titans play football." I said, "Get out! You are not!" She says, "Oh, yes, I am. And I like that Eddie George. He really can run!" I was not football follower at all and needless to say I was blown away that she was.

A couple of days later, she had a spinal cord stroke that caused her tremendous damage -- she suffered with numerous, nasty complications because of it for the next seven years. So that Sunday phone call with her was the last time we spoke before all our lives changed. And the Titans were the reason for such a lively and different conversation. Ever since that day, I have been a die-hard Titans fan . . . they are still a reminder of that day, and in a really really good way.

Man oh man I miss coming to Tennessee and watching the games with her. Maybe she's hanging out with Stevie, watching our boys play every Sunday.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. titansgirl12

titansgirl12 Practice Squad

Can't "high-five" yet but did want to let you know that your story really touched me, Sassy! Thanks for sharing! :)

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

dude...that story is mywish esque...high five times 100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar