How would you spend Mcnairs money?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 21, 2006.

?

How would you spend Mcnairs Money?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2006.
  1. Cornerback

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  2. Linebacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. O Tackle

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Veteran Quarterback

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Defensive Line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sumthin' Else

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not me. He's a #2 WR at best, and he had just 1 big season (really just 3 monster games in a row). Let's see how he does this year before we bothr shelling out any real money for him.

Givens is expected to the the #1 for the next few years. I'd think that between the 3 rookies last year and Orr this year, we hopefully should be fine at WR in 2007.

Bennett, Calico, and Wade are all scheduled to be UFAs after this year. Let's wait and see how they do for a while. We can always sign them to an extension after the season starts and still use that extra cap room...

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Givens has been no better in his career than Bennett. Givens over the last three years has 2122 recieving yards and Bennett has 2489 (they both also have played in exactly the same number of games, 41). Yet we give Givens a ton of money and anoint him the #1? If he could be signed for a decent price so why not do it? IMO right now we still don't have anything close to a dominating #1 WR but we do have enough talent to get the job done. If Bennett could be signed for a reasonable amount I would not hesitate to do so. If we wait and he has a great year no way he is a Titan next year.

3. Givens' role in NE's offense hasn't really allowed him to put up big numbers. The same was true of Derrick Mason after 4 years.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Agreed. Eight Patriots had twenty or more receptions last year and remember, he was the number two behind Branch.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

honestly, it depends on how he does this year, if they feel he is expandable, then they let him walk. like star said, drew ty and bobby are fa's after this year and whoever in that group of 3 steps up probably gets the contract. and also i think givens will thrive in this offense also but we shall see though...

6. The problem is that McNair's freed cap room won't carry over. If they don't use it this year, it's gone. If they plan to use it on extensions, they'll have to do so by early November.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Exactly. It's hard for me to see an upcoming FA worth renegotiating a contract with at this point. I would love to see a couple of low money signings on players with potential upside like Plummer, and saving some room for midseason reworkings.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

9 Titans had over 20 receptions last year. All three rookie WRs had over 20 receptions and all three of our TEs had over 30 (actually Troupe and Kinney had 55 each and Scaife had 37). Even Calico had over 20 receptions.

The point is Givens has proven to be any more of a #1 WR than Bennett.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think you have to ask yourself whether Bennett's lack of production was due to the system or his inability to get open. We know the Pat's offense is designed to spread the ball around which limited Givens's numbers.

10. I'd spend t on Plummer, a solid O-Lineman, and tiramasu....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar