How will you remember the Titans '08 season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 4, 2009.

?
  1. Overachievers

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Chokers

25 vote(s)
    71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I went in with no expectations. They got built up all season. Then they got crushed.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I voted chokers because that was twice in an eight year span that we blew home field advantage for the AFC championship. And for me, it is all about winning the Super Bowl.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, then pulled a Manning.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I'll remember thinking Fisher should have went for it on 4th down, instead of punting to the Ravens which let them score the game winning FG.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't see it as a choke job. We were not the best team, nor at any time did we really prov that. We beat good teams. But we did not demoralize them. I felt going into the playoffs that Indianapolis and San Diego were better. And that every other team was pretty much our equal. So I felt we could easily go down as easily as we could win it all.

I think if we had a WR then yes, we are the team to beat. But when you can take out half the offense, how good are you really. That's just how I see it. I thought we overachieved a little. But I did see us winning 12 games going in so who am I to say. I thought we were who they said we were.

CJ makes us a contender though. We took a major step forward by drafting CJ.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Bullshot!! You could probably argue some teams across the way in the NFC like Carolina or New York but in no way could you say we weren't one of, if not the best team going into the playoffs.

No good teams? WE SPANKED THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 31-14!! Come on man. Playing for home field throughout and down two of our best defensive players in AH and KVB. Pretty impressive to me. And Baltimore, the team that beat us, we already had a win on them. I'll admit it wasn't pretty and they out played us, but in the playoffs we completely, statistically killed them. The only problem is we choked. I wanted San Diego the whole way. I wished we could have played them. A little payback. Only Indy worried me a little considering all of our games are always close.

I don't want to argue this because I guess it does come down to personal opinion. But I do have to say that IMO a big time WR would only take away from another part of the team someway. A big name wideout would be under utilized and over compensated for the the work asked to be done. We do fine the way we are built and the receivers we have can get the job done. (besides McCareins .....:grrr:)

:lol:Definitely:lol:

Barring injuries CJ will be tops in the NFL ....no doubt.:yes:

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I also want to say that unless you stictly get your information from the media you (everyone in general) should have known we had a good team going into the 08 season. CJ was a question mark but we had Lendale who had a fine 07 season. Another question mark I guess could have been VY. He was 50\50 going in IMO. But both of these questions were answered early in the season.

Everyone and there dog in the media thought we would be sitting at the bottom of the AFC south last year but if you knew the team you couldn't have thought that. We were able to add a couple key positions, drafted pretty well and had one heck of a team.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The media thought we were pretenders going into the playoffs, and as it turned out, they were right. So I just don't see it as a choke job. Going into the season the media thought we would miss the playoffs, and we made it, that makes us overachievers. I think that when you are judging your team, the insiders may be the most biased people out there, even if they are the most knowledgeable, and I believe that you have to look to the media and the outsiders for the truth. They look at the team more objectively and in greater numbers. The collective opinion was that the Titans were pretenders, even after the Steelers win, and even after our ranking in the AFC. Nobody believed it. And it appears they were on the mark.

9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Great games, good weather for the most part, good beer and looking forward to next year.

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

It was good to see Chris Johnson become a breakout player for us. Otherwise it was an epic choke job in the playoffs. Nobody remembers the regular season, and besides there was no reason for us to be one and done in the playoffs at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar