How Will OL Look in 2014?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, May 11, 2014.

?
  1. No Change. Lewan will ride the pine until there is an injury.

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Lewan at LG; move Levitre to C and Schwenke to the bench

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Lewan at RT; move Oher to LG and Schwenke to bench

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Lewan to RT and Oher to the bench

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  5. Lewan to LT and Roos to the bench or cut

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Other -- Not listed

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

fixed that for ya

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Maybe I'm higher on Schwenke than most but I really think he's a star in the making. I love his skill set and determination to always finish his blocks. As much as I like Chance as of right now either he or Levitre is the weak link in that O-line. I could see a scenario in which Chance is too fat or under performing in the preseason giving Oher the nod or one in which Levitre isn't 100% healthy and either Lewan or Oher take over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

People that think Lewan can play Guard are idiots and haven't watched his tape.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

For one year yes

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Lewan either plays RT or LT and that's it.

The guards and center position better not get tweaked at all. May the best tackles win.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You don't think it's possible that Levitre doesn't fully recover or that Chance doesn't progress the way we expect? I'm not saying this will happen but it seems at least plausible.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He is similar to jon ogden who played og his first year

8. CharlieB32

CharlieB32 Starter

There is no value in cutting Roos. We have no need for the cap space it would open up for the season ahead with no significant free agents left. His leadership is valuable, and Lewan would probably benefit from him being there to nurture him into the pros. Roos is our most experienced lineman right now, cutting him just for cap space makes no sense.

As for trading him, that I'd be more open to, provided that Lewan really pushes him for the starting spot at LT. The Monroe trade last year could be taken as a precedent given it was a fairly similar situation (Rookie replacement, in last year of contract) and they got a fourth and fifth for him. I'd probably take that, IF Lewan is ready to jump right in.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Let's give these guys another shot at their natural positions with better coaching.

It amazes me at the Warmack hate from certain people. Give the guy some time. He was only a rookie.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He still hasn't recovered from his ankle injury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar