How well did Rod Hood Play Today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Upgrading the #2 CB spot should be priority #1 this off-season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

We need defense. Our first three picks need to go to DT DE and CB

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Hood did not play as well as I had hoped for sure. I wonder if he had been the starter all along after those first few games if he might have played better for being on the field...but today he was no better than Harper, which means we need someone badly over there.

4. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

hood hasnt played in weeks, still no excuse for the missed tackles, but on the coverages, harper would have been beat were hood knocked the ball out of the reciever'd hands. we definetly need a new CB

5. Coov

Coov Starter

The way I saw it... Hood had his missed tackles, but at least he was in the neighborhood to miss the tackles.

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I agree with those needs, but I think CB is the top one, followed by DE, LB, and DT. I'd really like to get a good CB in free agency so we have more flexibility in the draft.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Doesn't matter much now. Hood isn't a starting corner - he's better than Harper, but if either are starting next year we've got problems. I maybe wouldn't mind keeping Hood on the roster as a backup, but that depends on what other FA talent we could get in. And we better be active in free agency here.

He wouldn't have made a difference in the losses to the Colts and Chargers. He would have helped in some of the earlier losses when McCourty and Mouton were in, but the Titans brought him in too late. The CB roster decisions this year were terrible.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I thought Hood did well considering he's been collecting rust for 6 weeks. He clearly lost every other job for his inability to wrap up. But since I never claimed he was a serious corner, I don't feel anything for him after he got beat a few times. I see Harper make different mistakes, but nevertheless they're mistakes. Neither guy belongs in a starting lineup, however I would still take Hood over Harper. I saw a few half decent things from Hood. I like that he CAN make up space when beat. I liked how he knows where the ball is, even if he can't make a play on it. He differently tracks the ball better, but his biggest weakness is making a damn tackle. If you run AT him, you're basically going to be running through him.

I'd say this to Hood if I met him:
    "Rod,
    You did well when called upon, but you need to work on the tackling part of your game if you want to play tackle football."

But if I met Nick Harper, forget the kind words. I'm just glad its all over now. No more yelling "Nick!" and having neighbors worry.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

he sucks at tackling and thats why harper was playing ahead of him

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

How about DT, LB & CB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar