How Vince Young has changed the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Austin_Bill, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Found this on another site, its a damn good read

Brandon Jones WR Tenn. is on NFL Serius radio now giving VY mad props. In a nutt shell said VY has changed the culture of the locker room from a losing mentality to a winning one.

Here are some tidbits Brandon had to say on VY.

- He is amazing at getting everyone to workouts and getting them to work hard. Folks show up to work every day and treat it like that. Said VY makes you want to put in that extra sprint or rep.

- VY has no fear and it's contagious. Brandon told a story that happened while at practice. Brandon was having a tough time vs. PacMan and VY started talking to him. Brandon made the mistake of saying that Pac was good and that he respected him. To which VY responed "So what, I don't give a damn who he is or how good he is...when he is on the other side of the field I wanna kill him. I don't care if it is our own team at practice." He said VY has never look intimidated or scared in any situation on the field, locker room or in public. He then told a story of an episode where VY threw a pick in practice to a DE (can't remember the name...maybe Vanden Bosh). The DE caught it and took off to the end zone and started high stepping. He didn't see VY coming up behind him and VY simply blew him up and it caused somewhat of a fuss and the DE got in his face and said something to the effect of "the rook took a cheap shot beacuse he threw a pick" to which VY said "shut up, I knocked your *** out becasue you didn't finish the play. You play hard to the whistle and I never would have got to you." Brandon said VY is simpley nails. He personally said having VY around him makes him a better more confident player....

- Said he has never met or seen a person who hates to lose more than VY. Said you can really see it in his eyes and body language after a loss. He said gone are the days of smiles and easy attitudes in the locker room after a loss. VY simply won't put up with it.

- Said veterans have steped aside and let VY take the leader role. Wasn't even a question or a challenge from any of the older guys. VY just came in and took over and everyone just followed. Said he is simply a natural leader. That he makes everyone better and makes everyone want to play their guts out for him.

One of the guys asked what it is that makes others feel that way about him and Brandon said because he leads by example. He is the first to show up and the last to leave and is positive all the time but intense. Said he keeps folks lose and confident. He then said in addition to all that he is able to back everything he says and expects from others with his own play on the field. He said the entire team knows that no matter what the situation is they have a chance to win with VY under center.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The pitiful thing is that most posters were already tired of the Bungle mentality the Titans had assumed. I am just hoping that Young can avoid being Schwartzified.

3. Trey

Trey Guest

That's why he was our pick instead of Leinart and Cutler

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. That's the one thing I can't harp on VY for. He definitely has intangibles. That saved him last season, I just hope he can get his arm working this season.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

give some talent around him and then we shall see if his arm is a problem. This team win maybe 2 games if Vince doesn't play last year. This team is really a horrible team, but if Vince brings out the best in everyone then it is a .500 team. Put a little talent around him then you might have a contender.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

last year, IMO vince young was too afraid to throw the ball, part of this is because lack of trust in his recievers, there were plays where he would line up at the center and already know what he was going to do, run it, or throw it to a certain receiver, when you lock in on one receiver like that the defense is going to have more chances to intercept the ball, on other plays he might have someone open but decide to pull it down and run becuase either he didnt trust the reciever enough or he didnt trust his arm enough, if he can get past this fear he will be even more dominant then in 06

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Afraid? Could not be more wrong.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

imagine when he learns to throw... randall, kordell, daunte and michael combined can all eat dust when that happens...

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

maybe afraid isnt the right word, hesitant? (spell check)

10. yea thats better, but i dont blame him his arm is fine IMO but our receivers arent nearly good enough to catch 9/10 balls thrown their way, even when some of them dont have any pressure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar