how valuable is haynesworth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Here’s something that will surprise most people. The Titans were best at stopping the run without Albert Haynesworth last year. When Albert was out with a five-game suspension, the Titans gave up only 130 yards per game. In the eleven games with Albert, the Titans yielded 151 yards per game."

i've said this a few times this year, the guy is overrated and we would be better off without him.

http://mvn.com/nfl-titans/2007/02/01/titans-offseason-positional-analysis-defensive-tackles/

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

But a five game span is a lot less of an average threshold than 11 games with. It's not really a fair analysis..

3. Fry

the YPC was about the same. which means there were just more attempts when haynesworth was in the lineup.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't think he played his best ball this year. But even so, you can pick out obscure stats to back up just about any arguement.

There's a lot of "if's" to Al's situation, but he can be the best player on our d-line. And he's probably the hardest to "rate".

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hmm... looking at the 5 games in which he didn't play it looked like this:
    Colts (33 for 146)
    Redskins (23 for 122)
    Texans (24 for 135)
    Jaguars (28 for 159)
    Ravens (19 for 41)
    Avg/att 4.7

What immediately jumps out is that an injured Clinton Portis and the horrible Ravens offence skewed this statistic considerably.

Now let's look at the 5 games, in which Haynesworth played after the suspension:
    Giants (34 for 136)
    Colts (28 for 95)
    Texans (26 for 101)
    Jaguars (34 for 159)
    Bills (24 for 117)
    Avg/att 4.2

I've discounted QB scrambles in both sections, because it's rarely Haynesworth job to keep contain on a QB.

6. Fry

i could counter that by saying he finally got his act together and played well because his *** was on the line. it just points out that he has to be pushed to the brink to play up to his potential. the guy plays when he wants to.

we can only hope he doesnt get even more fat catish when he gets an extention.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He really got his act together in 05. He said he wanted to be a Pro Bowler that year, and I believe he was an alternate.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

He can be a top 5 player at that position, hes young, big, powerful, he just needs to get it togther

9. Fry

just another example of him playing when he wants to. he should want to be a pro bowler every year.

10. Fry

im tired of hearing that about so many guys on our team. it's time to put up or shut up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar