How Titans stack up (statistically) in the AFC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Week 4 games are about to begin and we're finishing the 1st quarter of football. We've looked great at times, and there have been some times where we could play better.

The fan base seems to be split about how good (or bad) the Titans are this year. Here's some stats for the 2010 season...

3rd in the AFC in points for
    4th in the AFC in points against
    2nd in the AFC in positive point margin (points scored minus points against)
    5th in the AFC in yards allowed per game
    1st (tie) in the AFC in fumbles (defense)
    3rd (tie) in the AFC in interceptions
    1st (tie) in the AFC in sacks

We're ranked low in offensive yards per game, and passing yards per game.

Thoghts? Opinions? Concerns?

We're about where I thought we'd be this year. I didn't anticipate us scoring as many points as we have, but I thought our offense would be above average.

I expected our defense to play at a high level but I'm impressed by our defensive play especially in the secondary. I thought we'd miss McGrath quite a bit during this 3 week stretch, but I it looks like we have some serviceable depth at LB too. Dline...nuff said. Babin, Morgan, Brown, Jones, Hayes, Marks, Ford, and Ball can ALL play their roles and execute effectively.

My only concern with this team is offensive playcalling and scheming. This could be due to the coaches not wanting to open up the playbook just yet though.

I like our chances this year. The Pittsburgh vs. Ravens game and the Texans vs. Oakland game will tell us exactly where we stand in the AFC.

2. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

We've all seen the games bro. Stats are fun to look at, but they realy don't mean anything. You know as well as I do, this team is shakey on offense and defense.

I am always holding my breath on every play. Will CJ get sacked for -2 yards? Will VY throw an INT? Will the Defense give up that 40 yard pass? Will special teams give up that 90 yard run?

I love my Titans, but I gotta say, they keep me worried every week.

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

The only thing I am surprised is at the stats on the offensive side of the ball. We put up points against 2 sorry teams, and the one elite team we played only 11 :hmm: The only thing I am worried about with this team is how we fare against the super bowl caliber teams. I just hope Fisher can open the play book up more on the Offensive side of the ball. From 5 plays to at least 10 plays.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

So you anticipated us being top5 in everything plus those stats are skewed

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

when have we looked shaky on defense?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Most people on this board think we look shaky on defense when there's 1:55 left to play in the fourth quarter, we're up by 2 TD's and are in prevent D.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Someone get Arcane a tissue. All he's done is whine about this team since week 1. We have a top 5 defense in the nfl and were not even as good as we could be. Mcgrath isn't in and we don't have our full dline rotation. And our offense is not shaky. Our run game is solid. We had to go through the same stuff last season when CJ would start slow then pick it up. And despite the Pitts game, VY, when given a chance to throw the ball, has looked good. Alot better than last year. 2Td-2ints in 3 weeks is not bad. Once we open the offense up a bit then we will see a more balanced offense.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Titans are 2-1 as of Saturday. Is there anything else we need to know?

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think our offense will improve and our Defense will not this is as high as it gets for our Defense.We will be looking at a mini letdown for our D with better passing teams coming.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

When did CJ start playing QB bro?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar