How sold are you on Mariota?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 4, 2016.

?

How sold are you on Mariota?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2016.
  1. I'm convinced he will be a longterm elite QB.

44.3%
  2. I feel pretty real good that he will be a great QB.

42.6%
  3. I feel good, but I do have some real concerns.

13.0%
  4. I'm neutral, my concerns are middling to heavy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't like his chances, he is injury prone and will not work out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Really bad, he is pretty real turrible leader and injury prone, next Jake Locker.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

DW is the only one I'd trust 100%.
    The play that sealed it for me was when MM dropped a dime on Wright 40 yds downfield, but Hunter (Douglas?) forgot to break on his post route (and take the DB with him).
    The result is a pick and Wright gets injured (ribs) and misses a couple games because of it.

That is suckage on a whole 'nuther level, and more indicative of the problems on this team than most fans realize, much less acknowledge.

2. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Bro, I dont disagree with your list, but you have to include Steve McNair on any great QB list. If it isnt already a rule, it should be. We are on a Titans forum, who is going to judge us....

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

None of our WR's are worth trusting, none, not even Wright.

Walker I trust up until he has the football, it drives me nuts seeing him hold that ball like a baton in a relay race. And how about him changing hands multiple times on some plays... His ball handling worries me at times...

4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I think the only thing that will stop MM8 from being a good/great/elite player is injuries. He has the right mindset, very studious of the game and willing to put in the time......and he just got his own Funk-Pop

marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans-nfl-funko-pop-2.jpg

5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Injury is my number 1 concern. After Locker, injuries are probably on the mind of a lot of Titan fans. Aside from the injuries, I cannot think of one example of a NFL qb that developed a deep ball. Someone might be able to provide some examples but I cannot. Without a deepball he can never be elite, but I do believe he can be really good.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Derek Carr fixed his deep ball issues. Went from completeing 25% of throws 20-yards or more to 44%.

Thats about where youd find Roethlisberger numbers... Mariota should see the same kind of improvement..

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Good example.....

Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr has improved his deep passing game this year, throwing six touchdowns on passes 20 yards or deeper, which is tied for the NFL lead. Carr struggled with the deep ball in his rookie season.

8. Titans1311

Titans1311 Starter

Carr also had the benefit of adding a re-motivated Crabtree and one of the best rookie WRs we have seen in a while (potential ROY) in Cooper. Let's hope MM8 can be so lucky to add weapons like these between his 1st and 2nd season.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Yes....MM8 can throw the perfect ball (not saying the deep one is yet) but with these useless wr's we have it will be garbage. Need better weapons.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

To me, Mariota does a better job winning from the pocket than RGIII ever did. RGIII relied on designed runs to cause problems for the defense to help open up the pass. Mariota can flat out run, but he doesn't rely on it to the degree that RGIII did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar