How sold are you on Mariota?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 4, 2016.

?

How sold are you on Mariota?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2016.
  1. I'm convinced he will be a longterm elite QB.

44.3%
  2. I feel pretty real good that he will be a great QB.

42.6%
  3. I feel good, but I do have some real concerns.

13.0%
  4. I'm neutral, my concerns are middling to heavy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't like his chances, he is injury prone and will not work out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Really bad, he is pretty real turrible leader and injury prone, next Jake Locker.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Last year, I wanted to draft Leonard Williams and continue to focus heavy on D for the rest of the draft. My thought was that Whisenhunt sucks and would be fired (true) and that this franchise would take more than 1 year to rebound (true) and that Mariota (or Winston) neither were guarantees and each had big question marks.

Even though the injuries concern me, I am convinced I was wrong about Mariota. He really looks like the real deal and I think he is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers in the NFL and the best QB we will have ever had as of the end of his career. Those are pretty bold feelings, especially to base off just 12 games, and with history of other QBs that looked great as a rookie and then fell off the map (RG3), but Yoda looks legit to me.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Feel good, but it has been one season. He needs to correct ball security issues, deep ball, and stay on the field more.

I think these will be corrected, but until they are I have concerns.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

He will be a "great" QB but he simply won't ever be Rogers or Brady.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I sold. Accomplished a lot with weak coaching, crap OL and bumbling running backs. With a better team around him I am sure we will see greatness.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

thanks for pretty real good

never forget

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Injuries are always a concern, but I think if this season had any meaning at all, he would have played the last 3 games. Ownership just didn't want to risk it for nothing.

I hate the RG3 comapison. I know RG3 had a good rookie year then fell of then map, but shouldn't really have been much of a surprise. RG3 could only fuction in a specific system. Once figured out, he was toast. MM runs a spread option play once or twice a game, but it's not the foundation of the system he runs. He has proven that he has the skill set to function in any system. He can pass from the pocket as good as you'd expect any rookie.

Also RG3s injury situation was different. He ran around like a little fairy and took hits. MM doesn't do that. MM is injured due to terrible OL play. Against the Pats on the play he was injured, the DL literally came in untouched and flew into MMs knee ... fix the OL and you fix the injury problem.

Also RG3 after getting injured was not allowed proper healing time. Our FO are playing extra safe with MMs injuries, so that should put him at less risk.

Any QB that gets the blocking that MM got will be injured eventually.

But MMs accuracy and quick release will allow him to be a great QB for a long time. Get him some weapons and he will be elite

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't believe he will be a hall of famer or anything, but I do believe he has the potential to be a good QB. And good is good enough for this franchise.

As of right now, though.. nothing is guaranteed. Even a stellar rookie year doesn't mean they are a long-term answer. Just like with every QB.. time will tell.

9. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Completely.
    Get him some weapons and watch him work.

It's gonna be entertaining as h3ll, so hang on for the ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar