How much would you pay for Mack???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I guess if you can front load the contract that much it wouldn't be too bad of a deal. Pretty sure we have to use a certain % of it eventually before we get in trouble.

Just think theres better players. I'd much rather have Osemele if it came down to one or the other.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Osemele at one G spot and Warmack/Poutasi duking it out at the other. I could get behind that.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I feel like Mack is going to be stupid expensive..I rather try Ben Jones or Stefan Wisniewski

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

It is worth paying for veteran leadership to a player who is excellent. Besides, it isn't our money to spend anyways, and the team has plenty of it at the moment. We want to protect our QB do we not. He will go a long way toward that end with his experience.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Id pay him and Osemele a cumulative 19 mil.

6. Meow

Meow Starter

This would go a long way toward fielding a competitive team. Most of the prime FA's we would've been interested in ended up getting tagged so I'd much rather overpay for a proven stud, than overpay for a career backup with potential. I'd offer him 9MM and go from there

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Unless he can guarantee 3-4 years of top shelf service Mack is not worth the money he'll ask for.

If we dont land him I wont be mad at all. We should be targeting experienced Centers with more time to offer than the soon to be 31-year old Mack. Both Jones and Wis would be prime guys to go after. Theyre seasoned but young enough that they could become permanent fixtures for Mariota..

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like this train of thought going with the younger C - more cost efficient and long-term effective. With that said though Mawae came to us when he was 35; Mack has at least 3-4 years left in the tank barring severe injury. We have the money to spend on Mack, but that doesn't mean we have to do it.

Let other teams bid on Mack while we go after Wisniewski from the get.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wis would be nice because while Jacksonville is chasing Mack it will open the door for us to steal away a division rivals player, potentially hurting them in the process if they dont land Mack.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Jags have 88 million... They're gonna get any player they want. Absolutely nuts. They'll be ready to spend it and make a push too.

Vernon Malik Mack is like legit possible for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar