How much would you pay for Mack???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So we have a bunch of cap money and need to use it to find several starters.

Mack is the top OL available. He is opting out of a deal that pays him $8mil a year...are you willing to pay $9 to $10mil for a center???

You could easily fix the OL by paying Mack and drafting Tunsil, but is that too much of a price to pay to fix it...

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

All of it

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Whatever it takes (within reason).

Desperate times.

It's going to be a ridiculously hard sell to convince him to join the worst team in the league that has somehow lost to the Browns back to back years though.

He's trying to escape that mess, but maybe he realizes we have a QB and if we have a good OL, we'll be a good team.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

8.5-9 mill/yr is really all i can be comfortable paying. Anything more is ridiculous imo. Hes a center... Let Jacksonville overpay him.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Centers probably the second most important part.of the oline. It's not a coincidence our lines sucked since mawae left

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I'd give him more than any other FA we get. A proven center like him is or would be a huge addition. Get him and another vet OL, draft Ramsey and I would be excited. Add a good RB and WR, I am day dreaming about winning the Division and going to playoffs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If we're discussing the possibility of throwing the checkbook at the structuring of the offensive line -- A. the center has to be the focal point - a center does so much more than just snapping & blocking - they help young QBS (and vets even) spot coverages, blitzes, and flush side formations... B. Alex Mack, being one of the premier centers, is going to have an expensive tag on him..

Now, by all means, make him an offer -- but don't sell our stock down the river to the point where we cannot pull in our draft picks and potentially other veteran free agents... I would say maybe 9.5 million/yr ROOF...

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

For all those people hating on the possibility of drafting Tunsil, I think it shows us how this FO views Mariota. He truly is the face of the franchise and protecting him for the next 10-12 years is paramount to adding a DB. This team goes NOWHERE without a healthy and dangerous Marcus Mariota. You can spend the first overall pick on Ramsey, but if Marcus gets hurt bc another OLineman blows an assignment, we're back at 1-15 or 2-14.

He is the biggest piece of the puzzle and if Marcus is not upright it really doesn't matter how great of a combine Ramsey had.

Draft Tunsil
    Add Mack/Wisniewski
    Add Gipson
    See if you can grab Apple or Alexander in the 2nd
    Add Chris Ivory or Forte

That would be a HUGE offseason

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm fine with Tunsil... If we go through FA without any legit answer at LT/RT. There aren't really any worthwhile LT's left with Glenn getting tagged. But Schwartz is probably the best RT available. If he is signed, it's highly unlikely we'd go after Tunsil. Unless we absolutely hate Lewan and are able to find a trade partner, which I'd be absolutely fine with personally. Hated the pick from the start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar