How much faith you have left? Colts vs Titans Prediction thread.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Completely agree with Hoffa... this is the worst season for me too. We've been through some tough times before but I can't recall ever being as excited about a season as I was for this one. And to see us have such an unexpected, inexplicable drop off as we are seeing now is heartbreaking. I can't believe we went from best record in the NFL to being this painful to watch in only one offseason. Inexcusable.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

This one's a head scratcher, it's like the stars aligned and everything that could go wrong has. Our secondary is so banged up, once a team gets a lead on us they pressure Collins, we lose our punter for the year ending his career and it seems we can't stop a team once they get a lead. It's like we're solid first, then it's a leak, once their up it's a flood.

I have no clue. I still think we'll get hot at some point but it's too late. This is like 2004, I think this will be an interesting offseason. There's a lot of guys in a contract year and I don't see them coming back. This is where we earn the right to call ourselves fans guys. I'm just glad we can all share it together.

3. pettso

pettso Starter

This pretty much sums it up for me too. I'm generally the last to give up on a player or coach, but I found myself screaming for change without even knowing what to change. I just can't pinpoint what the problem is, what really changed? I really don't think Albert or Schwartz are the reason we're 0-5. They didn't change any schemes, they brought back most of the starters, what gives?

Tougher schedule? Sure, I'd accept losses to Indy, the Steelers and even the new and improved Jets. But the Texans and the Jags? Embarrassed by the Jags at that. I saw the Seahawks game live today and couldn't help but think "this is really the offense that made the Titans defense look so bad?" as they got completely dismantled.

I'm just really frustrated as a Titans fan, and I really hope VY can at least do something exciting out there for the rest of the season. I feel as though Bud has to make a choice for next year between Vince and Fisher though. Fisher's coaching style will not work with Young's skillset.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We once went 12-4 to 2-14.

For me, this year has been pretty brutal. I would rank it up there with the year Commander Cody Carlson took over. Cody was slated as the second coming of Moon, and had proven it on the field under Pardee, but when Pardee and Moon Left, the Commander led us to 2-14. Fisher was 0-5 that season too. That's when everything changed. We lost Warren Moon, Started losing, the team moved, and we went back to a conservative offense and defense under the Fisher regime. I thought the Buddy Ryan and Jack Pardee years were volatile and exciting, and then it all changed in one season and we've been for the most part boring every since. But that was a terrible year.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I seriously go into each season with no expectations, I said that before the season too. The Titans have never had a great stretch good football for years like some teams have had.
    If I were a Colts fan or a Patriots fan, I would have expectations out the Wazoo. But I'm kind of used to the Titans being inconsistent. Am I surprised? Oh yeah. But I never expect the playoffs from this team. If we make it, awesome. But never expect it.

Even when the Titans succeed, they end up failing in the long run. Think about every great moment in Titans history.
    MCM-loss in the Superbowl,
    2003 McNair MVP Year-fail
    Vince's heroics-1st round exit
    2008:13-3-1st playoff game exit

I'm just saying. I've got Browns Fan Syndrome. Loyal fan, Ecstatic when my team is good...just "whatever" when they aren't. I'll still go to games when I can, and support (unlike many fans) but I can't control what the Titans do.

When Colts fans yell "Titans suck" what can you say? Either nothing, or agree.

overall sentiment:
    w/e.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar