How much faith you have left? Colts vs Titans Prediction thread.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

No faith at all.

I fully expect this game to be a good old-fashioned down-home butt-whuppin like pa-paw used to give out. I expect the Colts to score early and often...and when Fisher looks for Collins to keep up, it will get completely out of hand.

Having saidthat ....last time I predicted such dire results for the Titans was their matchup last year against the Steelers. And we know how that worked out. :)

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

has it been a month already?

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

yep

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

If Kerry Collins was as accurate as I am, we'd be 5-0. :wink2:

5. pettso

pettso Starter

Hahaha, if I knew how to high five, you'd get one.

I almost wish I didn't watch that.

6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

The Titans are an awful football team. It's hard to watch and I have no faith - even CJ looks terrible.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

This is the toughest year for me as a Titan fan.
    The down years after the salary cap purge was painful, but is was expected and we saw a light up ahead.
    This year was billed as "Fisher's Best" in the preseason, coming off a last year when we had the best regular season record in football. 0 and 5 was in no one's wildest imagination. This season is the hardest to take, just because we didn't see it coming, kinda like we've been sucker punched....at that hurts...

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea that sounds about right. But I will say the way last season ended was probably the worst moment as a Titans fan, well second worst.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

For me, 2004 was the hardest. We still had McNair, Mason, Rolle, Kevin Carter... We had only lost guys like an over-the-hill Eddie George, an overpriced Kearse and Justin McCareins, who was excellent value for a second rounder. In my short time as a Titans fan, I'd never suffered through bad seasons. Fresh off a 12-4 season with McNair claiming co-MVP honours? I thought we were unstoppable!!

Then '04 comes along... And suddenly, we stink. I was visiting my mom in Canada at the time, so I was really excited to actually see some decent football coverage... And this was what I got - a dreadful 5-11 season, and 4th place in the AFC south.

When I joined goTitans in 2006, I was full of optimism, based entirely on the concept that we would draft Vince Young (I can't remember who it was who replied to my first post... I think it might have been RollTide saying 'there's nothing to be excited about after a 4-12 season'). We've seen an exciting '06, a tense but rewarding '07, and a dreamlike '08.

Had I foreseen a tumble this year? Hell no! I thought we'd be fine. 11-5 fine. But... I've suffered that dumbfounded feeling before, and I learnt to tolerate the Titans being a bad team. Suddenly becoming a good team was like a queer anomaly... I can handle this. It breaks me up inside, but I'm not quite as blindsided as I was five years ago. Sigh.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

2004 did indeed suck but it was one of the few years I didn't have the NFL package so I didn't get to follow the team like normal so it wasn't as tough to take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar