How much does FISH want this next game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by selever2000, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Someone PLEASE get me that 1st colt drive when harper fell on his face.

Put it to some Benny Hill music...and we have a instant Youtube hit :lol:

2. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Its amazing how much people over rate coaches who do nothing more than decide when to kick a field goal!

Yes Jeff Fisher is indeed an idiot, a complete buffoon for starting Harper over Hood in some pathetic attempt to show loyalty to players yet we all know practically the whole team has little faith in him and they all know he is totally f#@king up the who whole team. How would you feel going to work as a team knowing that your manager has side lined your best team player at a position in favor of some worthless over paid moron?

Who the hell does jeff fisher think he is fooling with that crap. Outside of you and Bud Adams of course)

What makes your post doubly dumb is the fact that we are going up against one of the best passing QBs in the league and you are told before hand that we shall probably lose the game on the back of the one lame CB on our team and that is the pathetic response you came up with?

Seriously guy, you think a weak corner is not reason enough to bet against the titans any time they face a good passing QB?

Football is not that complicated people! Dont try and make me and pretty much every one who predicted harper would get burned to be some football geniuses or gifted with magical powers to see in the future!

It as as clear as freakin day light we have this this horse crap over and over again! We have seen this crap before, we shall see it again until Fishers butt gets fired. Harper freakin sucks, the whole board knows it, all of nashville knows it, every single titans player knows it, (but you and fisher apparently missed the memo on him!!:grrr:

BTW..Hood is not a B- Corner! He is definitely A+! You dont get 3 interceptions in consecutive games and shut down your guy effectively then have some guy like you come back and call him a B- player. Dont bother explaining how you even came up with that lame donkey grading system!

3. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

LOL @ Rod Hood being an A+ corner. What does that make Darvelle Revis or Nmandi Asomugha?

That being said, Hood needs to be in there for Harper. But please don't call a player who was on the streets two months ago, an A+ corner.

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

You must be making the assumption that i dont know what Hood was pretty much unemployed two months ago! I am aware of it and that withstanding i still say he is an A+ corner compared to freakin Nick Harper!

I dont care about Revis or Asomugha, they dont play in our system now do they? Hood may have been a misfit where ever he was before he was signed by the titans, but he has proven that in the Titans system he is an A+ corner who managed to get 3 interceptions in every single game he played for the titans. There are many players of this kind all over the league, rotting away on bad teams, being under utilized by their coaches. Look at a guy like KVB who was rotting away with the cardinals. A no name nobody until he signed up with the titans. Then he sprouted.

Hood is the same exact player.

And after fisher gets fired, he will be back on the field, grabbing INTS and making highlights just like Revis and Asomugha. I keep telling people, football is not a very complicated game.

Most of the time in football, what you see is exactly that, the truth. Your eyes are not deceiving you when the same player some how manages to be in the right place at the right time to make plays! That is what a "baller" does. Hood did not fluke those INTS. He got them because he is that good in our system! A+++++:evil:

5. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

In all honesty 2 of 3 of his picks were not due to direct influence. But the fact that he doesn't GET BURNED LIKE FREAKING TOAST ala Harper....or doesn't FALL DOWN ON HIS FACE DURING PLAYS he's able to actually BE WHERE THE BALL IS.

That is the MINIMUM we should expect from our cover-guys!!! At least cover your target and be where the play is!!!! Wtf!

6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

See my handicap is that i have a strong history in soccer. Long before i even loved football soccer was my game. In soccer you get to see all the great players every where in the world, they always seem to be in the right place at the right time. Every single one of them starting with Pele, Maradonna, Ronaldo, Henry, (did you see that Theirry Henry hand ball that helped send his country to the world cup? How about you google "hand of god" and see how being in the right place at the right time isnt actually a fluke.

And it doesnt matter the sport! Be it baseball, soccer, basketball or football (ok may be not golf) it takes a good player to be in the right place at the right time to even pick off those batted balls or poorly thrown balls.

Harper will never ever pick off a batted ball, he will not even intercept a ball thrown right at him. You know why? The man has absolutely no idea where the ball is on practically every play. If a qb threw the ball right at him it would hit him in the back of the helmet because he is always scrambling to catch up with a WR after getting burned and he cant risk turning his head around to look for the ball.

He can never ever pick off a batted ball because he is simply always lost on the field and is by default always in the wrong spot on the field.

Hood got his ints because he has the ability to play both the ball and the WR. See Hood gets the simple concept that the object of his job is to stop the oblong inflated leather ball from getting into the hands of the wide receiver he is assigned. Harper mean while thinks his role is to chase WRs all day!

I am willing to bet any one that will bet me, that once Hoods takes over as a starter, we shall see the same exact production out of him and titans might very well have the makings of an unstoppable secondary.

:)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agree 100%. Hood definitely isn't an A+ corner IMO but he's no doubt an upgrade over Harper. It's truly amazing how often he gets burned, even by mediocre receivers. At least Hood can handle the minimum responsibilities expected out of a CB. A corner that simply can't keep up with your average NFL WR is completely worthless. I don't care if he tackles like Ray Lewis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar