How much do you think Steve's death will motivate young Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Legendary Air McNair has been taken from us far far too soon. But in the wake of his death, i began thinking how will it affect our team? The Titans will obviously dedicate the season to him, but which Titans are truly, truly saddened from this? There aren't many Titans that had a chance to play with him. Only one's left are Bo Scaife Keith Bulluck, Jevon Kearse and a few others(if you know more,please post). There will be a lot of flash and words saying our entire team is hurt and will play for him. But i think that there are only a handful of players who are really hurt and will really play in his honor. I'm not saying the team doesn't care, but if you never knew the guy or hardly got a chance to see him do what he did, how can you be motivated? What do you guys think?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

????

McMVP last played for the Titans in 2005. There a lots of guys on the roster from 2005.

FWIW I don't think its a given that the season will be dedicated to McMVP. Individual players will do what they will do, but at this point I am not certain that the organization will do anything official.

http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d807d15bc

the hideous purple don't start till 26 so be warned

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I think it might really only motivate bulluck, possibly kearse. Maybe young too since he viewed steve as a father figure in absence of his own

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't mean to sound harsh, but at this point I think it's ridiculous to even speculate on how the loss of life will motivate anyone for something as small in the scheme of things as football.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

^
    What he said.

Not a time to talk about motivation, at all. As of right now, everyone is devastated rather than motivated.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think it will be a negative or positive force for the team.

If that had happened when steve was still a titan it would have been a major negative. How can a player focus on a game while constantly thinking about something much more important to the point that football becomes unimportant?

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

This just might be when the light bulb switches on for VY.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The switch is broken. Has been for a while actually.

9. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I surely hope so. I hope this puts all of his other side-issues in perspective.

You only live once. Capitalize.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think the effect will be negligible. The Titans are already one of the most motivated and hungry teams in the league. Fisher does a great job of maintaining that. Every year, the team bursts out of the gates strong and keeps it up all season (at least in recent years).

McNair's death is a tragedy, but I don't think it will have anything close to a significant effect on the on-field performance of the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar